PRV head bolts?
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: PRV head bolts?

Fellow Frogger!

Default PRV head bolts?

Do all PRVs use the same head bolts? So could I use a set of head bolts for a 3.0 litre XM on my 1976 604 2.7 litre?

My normal supplier told me that he can't get head bolts for my 604 anymore and I heard that the Renault Alpline guys have had a batch made up, but bolts for the 3.0 litre seem to be around.

Advertisement

UFO

When we did the XM in 2006 we used a third party brand GLASER and I photographed the packets of all the parts I bought. It appears from the label that these fit a wide range of PRV engines so may just be what you need.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PRV head bolts?-xm-headbolt-label.jpg   PRV head bolts?-xm_hg039.jpg.jpg   PRV head bolts?-xm_hg038.jpg.jpg  
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dieselnutjob View Post
    Do all PRVs use the same head bolts? So could I use a set of head bolts for a 3.0 litre XM on my 1976 604 2.7 litre?

My normal supplier told me that he can't get head bolts for my 604 anymore and I heard that the Renault Alpline guys have had a batch made up, but bolts for the 3.0 litre seem to be around.
    you can re use yours as they won't be TTY in that car

if you are doing a head gasket make sure you check every thread in the block, these engines are starting to pull threads, bolts lose tension and head gasket blows

in your case though it will be the extended time that car sat stagnant
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Fellow Frogger!

there is no need to take the heads off at this time. I had to take the head bolts out on my last 604 in order to change rocker arms as several of them were worn (luckily the camshafts were okay)
    one of the bolts seized and actually stretched and I had to get a used bolt to replace it
    I spotted some cheap 605/XM bolts and wondered if it's worth having them in stock just in case

Thread Information