Tough tyres-504's
  • Register
  • Help

Default Tough tyres-504's

Ive just bought my 2 nd set of Toyo ho3 8 ply tyres.

Ive gone for the slightly taller 195x14 ho3's which are described as 106/104s with an outside diameter of 666mm- they raised the car by about 15mm when compared to my previous 185x14. They have a chunky tread depth of 11mm.Current price is about $190 per tyre.

Never had a flat, never done a side wall, seem very chip resistant ( my car travels on some 'unfriendly' FNQ bush tracks).

These are a great country tyre, which I hope they never stop producing.Probably a good choice for the odd desert bash too I imagine.

Cheers.

Advertisement

Pughead

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Pughead2 View Post
    Ive just bought my 2 nd set of Toyo ho3 8 ply tyres.

Ive gone for the slightly taller 195x14 ho3's which are described as 106/104s with an outside diameter of 666mm- they raised the car by about 15mm when compared to my previous 185x14. They have a chunky tread depth of 11mm.Current price is about $190 per tyre.

Never had a flat, never done a side wall, seem very chip resistant ( my car travels on some 'unfriendly' FNQ bush tracks).

These are a great country tyre, which I hope they never stop producing.Probably a good choice for the odd desert bash too I imagine.

Cheers.

Pughead
    Thanks for that tip Pughead - they would be good for my 505s, for the dirt tracks and potholes of these hills. I guess they are double the price of a cheap standard tyre but I bet they'd last more than twice as long...
    Goonengerry 505

Quote Originally Posted by thomevans View Post
    Thanks for that tip Pughead - they would be good for my 505s, for the dirt tracks and potholes of these hills. I guess they are double the price of a cheap standard tyre but I bet they'd last more than twice as long...
    They do last well, great traction in mud, positive on gravel and tough as.If you are not carrying much weight and have firm shocks you would probably run them around 30 psi. The local racv up here run them on their vehicles as well with the same positive feed back.
    Cheers.
    Pughead

Thread Information