405 Springs Help
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 405 Springs Help

Hi, can anyone please Identify these spring that were fitted on Yellow Konis on an MI16. They have the markings *69 29 49 and have Two Grey and Two Light Blue paint marks on them.
    Are they standard MI16 or something special?

My stock SRDT springs have completety different markings so I thought the others may not be Peugeot. Would love to find out please.
    (I have two SDRT's , one a 96 Wagon low k's and one a 96 sedan for the wife and am restoring a 92 MI16 series 1.5 for a Sunday car)

Love this forum, you guys have some great info and stories. Keep it up.

Cheers Paul

Advertisement

2 blue/2 grey is listed as part number 500273. No idea what they're from however.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Tadpole

Default 405 springs

Thanks for that, excuse my ignorance but is the paint colour marks standard accross all spring rates/cars? If not, how do you have a part number but not know what it is for? Also apart from the paint markings I already have a part number of sorts on the spring but it differs to yours.

I am only interested as these springs were suggested to be other than standard MI16 springs in a past life. I dont want to toss them aside or use them unlees I know what they are.

Cheers Paul

Tadpole

Ok so I couldnt identify the aftermarket 405 MI16 springs so my wife 405 SRDT got a rebuilt set of front Yellow Konis set up for Standard height and to suit our driving set on the softest setting using Std SRDT springs. With Red Konis on the back set on the 3rd setting as instructed by Mr Koni.
    The car feels as firm as an MI16 but standard height. It rides fantastic, my wife drives up dirt roads every day and loves it. I replaced all the rubbers and bushes etc in the front at the same time and the car feels better than new.
    The sag is gone in the rear with the extra compression dampening. The Std shocks seem to have lost any comp dampening, if they ever had any!

This car is great to drive, has done 330.000 k's and after I did a full 100k service cam belt etc and set the valve clearences myself get 6 lt/100 easy on a trip. Thats Mt Evelyn to Mt Gambier and back on a tank with two adults and luggage. I wish I could have owned one from new...... Cheers Paul

Thread Information