405 Mi16 Engine Management
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 405 Mi16 Engine Management

Hello chaps, first post here but i have done a wee bit of reading around the interblag.

My question is: Is the engine management on a 405 Mi16 any good? I know absolutely nothing about these cars but have just purchased one. I havnt even picked it up yet but am contemplating plans for once its here. Its a 1990 model and most importantly its white.

Advertisement

I currently run a Link G4 Extreme on my daily driver and could easily grab a second short loom for it and wire it into the Peugeot. Of course - this is only worthwhile if the OEM kit can be bettered. I found on my daily that i got sharper throttle response and a nice torque curve with the link - but no peak power gains.

Any help appreciated and apologies if any of this has been covered a million times before.

Series 1 Mi16's get a bit sick due to wearing of the AFM track. Series 2 cars have a MAP sensor. So any upgrade dispenses with the AFM as the load monitoring device will be beneficial.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    Series 1 Mi16's get a bit sick due to wearing of the AFM track. Series 2 cars have a MAP sensor. So any upgrade dispenses with the AFM as the load monitoring device will be beneficial.
    Does one fit the other without too much fenannywacking.

Tadpole

I guess what im really asking is will i see any gains by switching to an aftermarket ECU? Its a lot of wiring and dyno time to find no appreciable difference.

From your comment Peter im assuming they run a trap door style AFM?

Yes, S1 have a flap type AFM. So an aftermarket ECU will improve midrange torque and throttle response but not total power.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information