• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xlink_nz

Thread: The 3008 HYbrid4 looks already promising

Fellow Frogger!

Icon6 The 3008 HYbrid4 looks already promising

Hi,

Since last week,around 300 european journalists are invited in Britanny(western France)to test the 3008 Hybrid4, the first vehicle with hybrid-diesel engine technology

Their overall opinion is very positive, except on price, but hey, technology has always a cost

Anyway, I really hope Peugeot Australia will import the Hybrid4 range(3008, 508 RXH, DS5 even if CitroŽn)

Advertisement

A few link to english motor reviews reporters who tested the beast
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/
    http://www.carmagazine.co.uk
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/
    http://www.whatcar.com/

74.4 MPG - that can be bettered by a Golf Bluemotion, without the complexities of a Hybrid!
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    74.4 MPG - that can be bettered by a Golf Bluemotion, without the complexities of a Hybrid!
    True, but you will be able to add an after market charger and mains plug to it just like for the Prius. In fact there are already many modifications for the Prius where you can add bigger capacity Nhimi or Li Ion packs to increase power and range of electric only mode to 30km where owners only use it in full electric mode to commute to work and back. Top speed is 55 kmh. So that's only the cost of charging for 3 hours.... The Peugeot Hybrids will have the same options in time.... MPG ? More like: km/1hr charge

I am sure these options will create an interest once we pass the $2+ per litre mark.

Toyota is now releasing the PVH version of the Prius. Its only a matter of time before Peugeot offer the same plug in features and better battery but with better overall MPG due to its Diesel engine. Add a solar roof for a continious charge..

The question is how long before the battery takes over the engine ? Just think, no oil changes and what will Supercheap look like in 20 years time ?

Quote Originally Posted by 908HDI View Post
    The question is how long before the battery takes over the engine ? Just think, no oil changes and what will Supercheap look like in 20 years time ?
    Tandy's

2011 Peugeot 207 HDi Touring Outdoor

2004 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 Manual.

Past: 1953 Thames 100E van, 1966 Austin 1800, 1972 XA Falcon V8, 1973 Peugeot 504,
    1984 Mitsubishi Colt, Holden HX Kingswood, 1983 Toyota Corolla XX, 1988 Toyota Corolla 4WD, 2007 Peugeot 307XSE. + various company Falcauriodores.

Next: 2007 Peugeot 407HDi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 908HDI View Post
    Just think, no oil changes and what will Supercheap look like in 20 years time ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Tandy's
    With lots of coloured lights and gizmos
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

As an owner of a 2l HDI 3008 which uses (tested) consistantly 7.7l/100 all city driving I just don't see the point. Sorry to all you environmentalists out there. Mine has enough 'quirks' to keep anybody busy and I shudder to think what would happen if they did introduce the hybrids here and something went wrong....they are flat out finding how to open the bonnet let alone fixing anything..............

+1, it's simultaneously impressive but too complex and with the famous quality of Peugeot electrical systems, well.... life with those cars should be "interesting". Also, I will be very interested to read about how these cars handle on snow and ice, with a maximum of 19% of the power available to the rear wheels. It's likely to be a big disappointment for the "AWD" or 4WD fans.
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupť Injection post-restoration reassembly underway!
    Register your 404: https://recensement.leclub404.com/submit.php

Quote Originally Posted by bigkev414 View Post
    they are flat out finding how to open the bonnet let alone fixing anything..............

Thats modern dealers for you...

Fellow Frogger!

It seems they're finally releasing the HYbrid4 3008 and 508RXH over here in NZ, The base model 3008 HY4 priced from $59,990 (that's $10,000 more than the 3008 2-litre diesel model in the line-up) In my opiniion I don't think they'll sell many since these prices are more than the equivalent new Prius models.

The 508RXH starts at $74,990
    Shobbz likes this.

I think that the 508rxh looks great!! Ground clearance!!!! Interesting to see some real life reviews as to how the electric motors holdup!

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

508RXH & 3008HY4 in NZ now, first outside France apparently. They look Ok but with a pathetic journo report which tells you nothing.....even got the torque wrong, its hard to make an opinion. Journo liked the 4WD in SI snow though!! ONWARDS??

Thread Information