120k service 307hdi and remote key problem
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 120k service 307hdi and remote key problem

My 307 is due for a 120k service.
    I am not confident to do this as the break fluid needs changing.
    Could someone advise me what is involved with this service.
    Is there computer resetting and would the mechanic need specific diagnostic equipment for this car?
    We dont have a Peugeot dealer in the area so I will be using I mechanic
    who works for another dealership.
    The remote key stopped working I suspected a flat batery which I changed still not working
    would anyone on this forum shed some light on what may be causing this problem.
    Thanks for the great forum.

Advertisement

120K service in addition to oil and oil filter change; [ 1.6 HDi ]

Brake Fluid change: Not as hard as you think but not expensive if done by a local garage.

The Eolys fluid for the emission system may need to be topped up but normally you would get a message on the info display if it was low.

I would change the fan belt [ auxilary belt ] if it has not yet been done.

Use only a good quality 5W-30 oil. ACEA B3 and API CD/CF Specification.

Check brake pad thickness and brake disc condition.

Check gaiters on driveshafts and steering rack.

To re-set the service indicator I think its the same as my 207 1.6 HDi as follows;

1] With ignition switched off, press and hold trip meter button
    2] Turn on the ignition, and the display starts a countdown. When it gets to 0, release the trip meter button and the spanner symbol will dissapear.
    3] Turn off the ignition.
    5] Turn on the ignition and check the correct kms to next service interval is displayed on the indicator.

Check oil level, oil filter and sump plug seal. Take it for a test run and if all ok return home, open cold beer and replenish tank as neccessary

Tadpole

Thanks 908HDI
    While I was up north today I puchased oil and air filters, hope to get that job done this weekend.
    I will do a bit more research on the break fluid change before attempting.
    While at the spare parts the bloke said that I would need to replace the remote key he said it would cost close to $300 I am happy to use the old method of locking the car.
    Any thanks for the useful info.

Not too sure about the key. I think that you would have nothing to loose if you tried to clean all the contacts inside the battery compartment and a very light spray of WD40 or similar just in case you got some moisture in there. Wipe dry and leave it open in a warm dry place to dry off completley and with some luck it may just work.

Tadpole

this is actually a major service. so its all the fluids and filters.

The Coolant, Power steering fluid and gearbox oil do not need to be changed at 120K.

The timing belt does need replacing if you have a non FAP HDI engine. Otherwise its every 180K or 9 years.

Its not just the Km's but the age of the vehicle and what service / intervals it has had previously. HDi's officialy have a 20K service interval but on the 1.6 HDi's it is highly recommended to change the oil and oil filter every 10K. Some owners change everything every 10K so it really depends on what has been done on the prvious service if out of the Peugeot network.

The fuel filter needs to be changed if it has not been done in the last 40K.... I drain mine every 10K. The fuel filter is around $180 ! Way Overpriced....

The air filter change is at your discression as some cars out of warranty use good generic brands or a K&N which has a lifetime warranty....

the key is a dealer job, needs to be coded along with any other keys you may own at the same time.

power steering and gearbox oil does not need to be changed unless there is an issue with its respective system.

a big part of a major service is the inspection. make sure you check for leaks from the braking system, cooling system (coolant temp sensors are common, check inside the connector as well known to leak up the harness to the ecu) and general security of everything i.e. suspension & steering, check tie rod/end, ball joint and bearing play/noise
    The wrong oil is better than no oil at all.

Thread Information