307 front drivers silem or know where I should start looking tode speaker not working
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 307 front drivers silem or know where I should start looking tode speaker not working

On my 307 the front drivers side speaker both the one in the door and the tweeter in the dash have stopped working. Anyone had this problem or know where I should start looking to try and fix it?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by vman View Post
    On my 307 the front drivers side speaker both the one in the door and the tweeter in the dash have stopped working. Anyone had this problem or know where I should start looking to try and fix it?
    I've never had the problem, but my general fault finding experience suggests that it's a connector fault on the back of the unit or a electronic fault with unit with the right channel power amplifier.

Before delving into complexities you have checked the "balance" control on the unit is not set fully to left, ie no right channel?
    The less one interacts with rude, ignorant, critical and argumentative members. The more peaceful life becomes.

Tadpole

Yep have checked the balance and fader and the right front is certainly non functional, the rest are fine.

Where would I find the amp?

The tweeter is driven off the speaker, so it could also be a fault with the connector at the speaker in the door.

Older models like the 306 had issues with the harness at the door hinge, but I'm not sure if that's a common problem on the 307.

The amp robmac is referring to is inside the head unit (ie. an internal fault).
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information