intermittent stalling
  • Register
  • Help

Default intermittent stalling

My 205 is occasionally completely cutting out - it did it 3 times yesterday in 15 mins of driving and is getting very annoying.
    I chased a misfire/hard start issue with it about six months ago and have replaced the plugs, leads, coil, ignition amplifier, dissy-amp lead, rotor cap and earth strap. I reckon it must be ignition, and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if so, where did they start? Barrel?

Cheers

Advertisement

How's the contact on the dizy rotor? Are your vacuum lines clear? How's the fuel pump, filter?

Yes, vacuum lines.

Does it konk out under brakes? Check the the brake vacuum line between the inlet manifold and the brake booster...

My Si cut out comp-letely a while back. Traced the trouble to one of the three plugs going into injector module having poor contact. Repeated disconnecting and reconnecting the plugs saw it burst into life again. Worth checking.

Paul

I would have thought that if it was vacuum it would run rough: when it does go it runs like a cut cat. Anyway I will investigate tomorrow after work, check the connectors, vac lines and test for fuel pressure... My gut feeling is electrical/ignition. It feels like someone has reached over and turned the key off: it really just dies like that, it's not so much a stall as a complete cut out.

Fellow Frogger!

Intermittent faulty ECU?
    1992 205 Si
    Current: shortened diff (4.4), short shifter, group N top mounts, rebuilt engine and box, solid engine mounts, 1.75" exhaust, strut brace, OMP wheel, GTI suspension & subframe front and rear, lowered 30mm front and rear, solid rear bush, Koni yellows, 306 XT front discs and calipers, ADR compliant braided brake lines, 14" rallye wheels, Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec tyres, immobiliser

Thread Information