505 - Is it just tuning?
  • Register
  • Help

505 - Is it just tuning?

ok, now when in idle, its fine. But when you accellerate, its jerky on the spot, doesn't move for a second, and then it kicks in fine and takes off. EXCEPT for the times when it stalls before the power kicks in

Advertisement

It only does it below 50 kph and when u give it gas.

I can't really drive it cause I get too much abuse when it stalls at the light in peak hour traffic

All Ears open, Cheers
    JoFuS

Could be a carby accelerator pump problem, JoFuS.

Other possibilities include jet problems, distributor advance weights sticking, poor carburettor adjustment, incorrect float level etc etc.

Give us some more information about the vehicle. What carby is fitted? Auto or manual?

[ 27 January 2002: Message edited by: Rod Hagen ]</p>
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 4008 2016Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, (deadish), - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 406 ST 1997, 307 XSE, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Other possibilities include jet problems, distributor advance weights sticking, poor carburettor adjustment, incorrect float level etc etc.
    =================================================
    It's an 82'505 Gr with solex carby and auto transmission.

Yeah, I was hoping it was a simple tuning matter.

Another question, To put a weber carby on it, do you need some sort of adapter kit or can they bolt right in. If yes, where do you get the kits.

Will I need to change air cleaner, etc?
    JoFuS

The Webers go on easily enough, but my experience (though limited and absolutely at odds with that of others) was terrible.

I still advocate the use of a single 2" SU from a Rover 2000. An adaptor would need to be made, and plumbing from the air cleaner, but it will work perfectly with no alterations, I'm sure... and be more economical.

Thread Information