Rear stabilizer bar 504 wagon
  • Register
  • Help

Default Rear stabilizer bar 504 wagon

Ive just been given a rear stabilizer bar from 505 wagon ( not sure what model) which Im told will fit the diff my 82 504 wagon. I ve seen one in a 504 in situ and realise I have to build a plate to offset the diff mount a little.....and buy/fit the two link arms which I don't have.

Im curious if any have done this mod and was it worth the job re a noticeable reduction in body roll.??

Appreciate a comment.

Cheers.

Advertisement

Pughead

Hello Pughead2,
    Haven't done the conversion so can't help there. Was thinking the main problem with my 504 Wagon was the stiffness of the rear springs upsetting the handling. I don't intend carrying any heavy loads in it, have a ute for that, so was thinking of getting four softer springs made up. An alternative could be to graft in a 505 wagon rear end if mounting points could be fabricated for the lesser number of springs.

Paul.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 504-504-504 View Post
    Hello Pughead2,
    Haven't done the conversion so can't help there. Was thinking the main problem with my 504 Wagon was the stiffness of the rear springs upsetting the handling. I don't intend carrying any heavy loads in it, have a ute for that, so was thinking of getting four softer springs made up. An alternative could be to graft in a 505 wagon rear end if mounting points could be fabricated for the lesser number of springs.

Paul.
    Yes, the 505 wagon is beautifully sorted, I have never liked the 4 spring set up, even the 403 leaf springs were much better.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Yes, the 505 wagon is beautifully sorted, I have never liked the 4 spring set up, even the 403 leaf springs were much better.
    Graham
    Thanks Paul and Graham.
    I know what you mean by loaded and unloaded on the four coil rear end,mines a different car with 100kg in the back. I might have a play with the bar anyway though Im not a huge fan of the section sitting lower than the diff.
    We just had Hank's mob up here in Cooktown , heading to the Cape on their Wilsons Prom to Cape York venture.
    Regards.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Pughead2 View Post
    We just had Hank's mob up here in Cooktown , heading to the Cape on their Wilsons Prom to Cape York venture.
    Regards.
    David
    Has Robert in the 504 rejoined the pack?
    He had fitted some seriously stiff shockers which were giving him trouble. He diverted up to the Atherton Tablelands to get some front struts from me. Arrived at my place without bonnet and with the righthand frontshocker sticking out of the mount by about 4 inches. A slow trip from Charters Towers.
    Ironically after travelling all that way he was pulled over by the Atherton police, just as he was doing a U-turn into his brother-in-laws place. A couple of struts from my underhouse parts bin and some work by local mechanic hopefully saw him on the road again. He had also fitted stiffer shockers to the rear so i loaned him a pair of Koni reds. The corrugations had damaged the front shock but those ones would be nothing compared with the corrugations he would encounter on the way to Cooktown and further north.

Paul

"A straight is just the distance between two corners"

Quote Originally Posted by 504-504-504 View Post
    Has Robert in the 504 rejoined the pack?
    He had fitted some seriously stiff shockers which were giving him trouble. He diverted up to the Atherton Tablelands to get some front struts from me. Arrived at my place without bonnet and with the righthand frontshocker sticking out of the mount by about 4 inches. A slow trip from Charters Towers.
    Ironically after travelling all that way he was pulled over by the Atherton police, just as he was doing a U-turn into his brother-in-laws place. A couple of struts from my underhouse parts bin and some work by local mechanic hopefully saw him on the road again. He had also fitted stiffer shockers to the rear so i loaned him a pair of Koni reds. The corrugations had damaged the front shock but those ones would be nothing compared with the corrugations he would encounter on the way to Cooktown and further north.

Paul

"A straight is just the distance between two corners"
    Hi Paul.
    Sorry or the slow reply.I think he did rejoin the mob.There were a lot of cars , some blokes I knew, some I met, and some I did'nt. Nice to have been able to help out a bit ( I had a few do some lubes etc in my shed).Some well prepared cars, as you would. Had two offers on my 504 wagon, flattered but-NO !

Cheers.

Pughead

Thread Information