Getting this beauty of a 205 next week hopefully
  • Register
  • Help

Default Getting this beauty of a 205 next week hopefully

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...3064&silo=1011

Advertisement

Any thoughts or things to look out for? It seemed to have a lag in power but is this usual for 205's having only driven modified ones.
    2004 206 GTI 180 BLACK
    1998 406 2.0L auto ST WHITE

[email][email protected][email]

Well,

I'd have a good look over the rearbeam. Noises and what not. It will most likely need to be rebuilt. The frontend looks like it has been lowered. Being a series 3 motor, it should pull quite nicely so I'd be inclined to have a good look for a some service records.

Have a look down the oil filler for any excessive oil/water rubbish. Personally I think its a bit pricey but it looks clean enough. But from the photos I reckon you'll be up for a little bit of suspension work so there would be some $$$$ involved there.

White GTIs look great.

Chris

Well hopefully I'll tidy it up get it running respectably and cause I work at a smash repairs give it a respray for free and resell it. The interior is immaculate apart from a tear I'n the drivers seat and missing a footwell airvent. So when I'm done should be a impressive little gem. No one likes to deal with pricy cosmetic issues so should be able to make a small profit who knows another frogger might buy it, and I'd prefer that seeing as the number of them I'n Australia is dwindling.
    2004 206 GTI 180 BLACK

Considering they go for 6k totally mint- by the time you shell out on paint etc, there will be a small margin in this car for you...

I've seen that car around (as I'm 10 mins from there) - looks pretty tidy...
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Yeah I'm only up at crowsnest. Went and saw it yesterday it's at a mechanics at the moment due to a slipping belt but should be all good by monday
    2004 206 GTI 180 BLACK

There is a 1988 GTi on ebay at the momemt. It might ne a candidate for your repair and sell. Would need some tidying up but bids are at $800.00 at the moment with 2 days to go. Have to wonder though how much it has been looked after with that damaged driving light not replaced.
    Are Series 1 Gtis bringing much money?
    Paul

Nope.

Series ones aren't worth too much. The series 3 is the one thats worth more.

Chris

Default 205 values?

matt the white one doesnt seem like the paint is too bad? why paint it? dont rip it too far to bits to do it as it wont go back together the same. especially the dash.

what is a low milage (say under 150000km) red series 2 with a sunroof worth? just as a matter of interest? neat and tidy no reg but very near a rwc

Some people will argue that a car without reg. isn't worth much. I reckon if it has a RWC
    2500 - 3000.

Chris

4500 for that car face value is about right. They are becoming rare. Although the dash has the usual cracks and the rear beam looks to be a little low, there is also tht dent in the drivers side rear quarter which looks simple to fix.

If you can cosmetically fix it, spend some dosh on the suspension it could be worth more if its done right. Keeping in mind service counts for a lot these days when it comes to value.

You interested in spraying another 205 while your at it? Its stripped just needs paint....

Cam
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

You sure them km's are true?? Mine has done more km's and half the wear of that...

Thread Information