205 inertia reel seatbelts
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 205 inertia reel seatbelts

Hi Guys,

can anyone advise me where I can buy a new drivers seat belt? Its mundane I know, but the old one is driving me crazy. It won't release if there is any incline - both laterally and uphill . I figure that after 280K's its also time for a new one

Advertisement

cheers
    Derek

Fellow Frogger!

Peugeot dealer. However, I recently had the same problem, and managed to cure it. Remove the plastic trim covering the inertia reel, and bring the inertia reel back to a position where the belt feeds off it in a more vertical fashion. You probably won't be able to move it by hand - they are usually done up pretty tight (If not, that could be your problem. If it is loose and able to move backwards and forwards, it would probably exhibit the behaviour you describe.)

Use the universal adjustment tools - hammer and pinch bar. Just root around with it until it comes good. Then you can have all the fun of re-fitting the trim.

Tim

Yeah its an easy fix most 205's suffer it!!

As has been said just take the back panel off most of it just pulls off anyway. then play around with it til its right.....

Thread Information