307 Touring Suspension Lift
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 307 Touring Suspension Lift

Nearly five years of ownership, and my 307 XS HDi Touring is great car.
    Trouble is it could do with 25mm or maybe 40mm more ground clearance for rural tracks and lumpy roads.

Any advice on giving the 307 a lift in the suspension department?

Cheers,

John

Advertisement

I think its just the front protection tray that bottoms out..doing its job I guess (I had mine off the other day and took it down my dirt track and it didnt scrape once...with it on you have to pick the right place or you hear ot scrape)...look under the car and it is the lowest thing (along with the diesel particle fluid container in front of the left rear wheel...the bag of toxic fluid protected by an aluminium pie plate and a plastic shield..nice one Peugeot)...and the stupid low plastic on the front bumper....do I sound like Im having a dig at dumb design things from Peugeot again...yes

Quote Originally Posted by littlebig View Post
    Nearly five years of ownership, and my 307 XS HDi Touring is great car.
    Trouble is it could do with 25mm or maybe 40mm more ground clearance for rural tracks and lumpy roads.

Any advice on giving the 307 a lift in the suspension department?

Cheers,

John
    what about bigger wheels and tryes? I'm not joking, think bout it

Hi, the obvious and most expensive way is to replace the springs but you can use coil overs, in coil airbags or simple spacers.

I would suggest you have a talk with someone like Pedders suspension as they seem to offer a number of accessories / after market parts.

Your shocks should still work ok with up to a 40mm height increase.

You could put on slightly bigger tyres or wheel / tyre combination but this will affect your gearing, speedo and the ABS sensor function if you were to go up by two profile levels. There are some M+S tyres that have deeper treads so an increase of one profile size with the deeper treads may work for you.

Tadpole

Mmm I have thought about it too for mine as I have now worn off the plastic guard underneath and yes there are rural roads which have a lump in the middle which grinds low cars.
    I did some research into this and came up with Kings springs which can do a lowering spring so they could do a raising set once you hastle them a little, it can be done.
    My cousin got some made up for his Vectra a few years back via Kings.
    I would not go the bigger wheel/tyre option as you loose a lot on economy and power let alone speedo and mucking around with the ABS.
    Have done the bigger tyres on my old triton which gives me a smoother ride made the speedo read about 2% faster than indicated and does scrub a little. But they are a vastly different beast to the 307. I now use the triton insted of the pug on dirt roads as I have the option now.
    Give Kings a try and you should get there with a bit of "to and froing" with their tech department.

Thread Information