someone I'd like to meet
  • Register
  • Help

Default someone I'd like to meet

"someone I'd like to meet?"...the person who designed(?) the spare tyre holder on a 307 wagon. I wonder how long they are serving for this crime....if there was ever an exercise in stupidity this has go to be it. Tyre shops refuse to put a tyre back in them, and the NRMA get callouts of people trying to work out how to release them....why not a simple cradle I ask.....

Advertisement
    Last edited by stuartb; 14th May 2011 at 10:56 AM.

What's wrong with them?
    Admittedly, I've only dropped the tyre a couple of times, but never to change it out. It's simple to use. I did have to point it out to the local tyre place once though.

I have rebuilt the one in my fathers 307 twice and the last time i replaced the steel cable
    they are a poorly designed.
    but you can repair them
    jamie

series 2 405 mi16
    205 si
    series 1 205 gti
    series 3 205 with a gti6 motor project
    1970 404 ute 504 ti motor project
    parts cars 2 205 si's 306 sedan
    2004 206 gti180

Fellow Frogger!

Default late model stupidity

We put man on the moon (21/7/69 - Australian date) yet we do things like what you just described. If you were to meet this person take a 2 by 1 and smack him over the head. This sounds harsh but it WILL improve his thinking capabilities - admittedly from a low base!

Quote Originally Posted by leothepug View Post
    We put man on the moon (21/7/69 - Australian date) yet we do things like what you just described. If you were to meet this person take a 2 by 1 and smack him over the head. This sounds harsh but it WILL improve his thinking capabilities - admittedly from a low base!
    He'd probably say....no dont smack me across the head with that...I can design a cable and pulley system with a plastic lever to activate it...it'll only take 5 minutes to pick it up and will probably break the 3rd time you use it and you will spend 10 minutes trying to centre the locating pin, but look how cool it looks.

or even better...how about we put this man on the moon and leave him there...

Icon6

G'day,
    and still can't make toilet paper that tear along the perforations.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Thread Information