Best place to run amp power cable on 206
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Best place to run amp power cable on 206

Hey people,

I am guessing a few people here have done it before, so what is the best place to run the power cable for an amp (assume 4 gauge cable) to the boot of a 206 gti 180? Are there any grometts that will allow access through the firewall?

Advertisement

Cheers in advance
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

There's a black plastic type grommet that you can drill out. You need to drop the glovebox lid to get to it. It comes out on the engine side of the firewall just behind the wheel arch.

This thread might shed more light. http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewto...rewall#p108713
    Last edited by Boyracer; 9th May 2011 at 03:27 PM.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]

Fellow Frogger!

In my 206, I just ran the cable tucked into the plastic center console, then under the carpet through a hole near the back of the passenger seat, then under the carpet to beneath the rear seat base, then straight into my amp.

An alternative is under the rubber trim next to the passenger door, then under the rear cup holders to the amp in the boot.

Also, there's quite a bit of space in the ceiling, and the pillar trim easily pulls off.

Note that this was in a GTi with the right gauge wire for a 400w RMS amp (it's about 4mm across the copper). If you want any thicker cable than this I doubt you can hide it anywhere between the center console and the rear seat base.

Also if you need a grounding point, there's one behind the carpet on the left of the boot, just above the wheel arch.

Fellow Frogger!

Cool, thanks for the responses.

Yeah I think I'll run the cables from the engine bay, via the grommet and down the passenger side sill into the back. I'll check out the grounding point too!
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Thread Information