Plastique de merde (205 GTI)
  • Register
  • Help

Default Plastique de merde (205 GTI)

Does anyone know what is this piece of french merde is supposed to do? It crumbled to bits a s I was washing it. It sits behind the clutch actuating lever over the ball fulcrum. Anyone have a spare they want to sell?

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plastique de merde (205 GTI)-30042011020.jpg  
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 30th April 2011 at 11:32 PM.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

UFO

I think that is part of the clutch fulcrum mechanism and can be bought from the likes of EAI or French Connection.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thank you, I'll give it a shot. How is it attached? Is it supposed to be glued to the actuating lever, or just sits there on its own accord?

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

UFO

IIRC when you buy the part it has two plastic rivet sort of things attached. I think you tap them in to fold the ends over.

Perhaps someone else may be able to advise as it is some time since I did this job.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

I think you're right. I just found the two broken prongs in the clucth lever and pulled them out.

UFO

That'd be them.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Unfortunately i dont think you cant buy it separately. It comes connected with the clutch fork which yes can be bought from EAI. Its made from nylon i think.

A pain in the butt to fit to the ball joint in the bell housing though....

Its used to allow the clutch for to pivot on the ball joint inside the bellhousing. simple desgin

Thread Information