405 Bosch Diesel Pump Timing - tools?
  • Register
  • Help

Default 405 Bosch Diesel Pump Timing - tools?

Hi,

I am putting the pump into my 406 TD, I need the tools to time the pump correctly to the motor.

Advertisement

Anyone got one I can Borrow for a few days?

In western sydney...

Default bump?

Anyone help?

1000+ Posts

Default tools

im in tweed heads ,i have a 405 wagon i baught one of the tools to connect to the pump for use with a dial indicator ,iv since found a reliable diesel meck,so i traded it for some hours work,it was about $100 you will still need a dial indicator you will also have to bend up a tent peg of suitable diameter to insert in the crank case behind the starter to establish tdc i also welded the ring end of a 13 mill spanner to a tent peg so i could loosen the bolt on the bottom of the pump i found it a lot easier to mount the pump on the alloy bracket then mount the lot to the block using a ratchet ring but the pump bolts have to be loose to time it ,got the imfo about the tool on here before the crash ,see if i can trace it through my master card account ps be careful using that tdc tool as its easy to get it tangled up with the active on the starter causing some excitement .i have a brother in law in valley hight who may have a dial indicater lying around as he ended up with lots of the stuff left from my dads machine shop ,i had the diesel guy help me time it,he worked the pump end and i turned the crank back and forth it a lot easier with two ,as it turned out the other guy who had done the pump and injectors for me ,had set the pump pressure way high causing the injectors to crack earlier ,advancing it ,it rattled like mad ,so im at the point now that im chasing to find the pump pressure so i can get it right ,we backed it off so it dousnt rattle ,seems to run ok but douse this surging thing about 100k so you have to back off or drive through it PUGS

Thread Information