206 Gti into 306 goes ?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 206 Gti into 306 goes ?

I am an old French car hand (my age makes this possible) including older Peugeots, but relatively new to the 306. I have 6 crippled ones though, so learning fast. The burning question right now is :- to what extent will the 206 Gti 2-litre engine fit physically in a 306 N5. I understand the power output and capacity are almost identical - both 2OHC, both about 100 kw. I have a 2-litre 206 Gti long engine as well as a Gti 180 VVT engine complete and with all wiring/running gear. Perhaps Simon could tell me if they would slot in, and what prevents the task from being 'a pushover' like most of my ideas until they hit the wall of reality. Thanks, guys

Advertisement

It will fit - I know because I sort of own one

I have a late Citroen Xsara - this is a 306 with a prettier body. Mine has the 206GTi/307 EW10 engine and brakes.

Soon it will get a 206GTi manual gearbox, making it essentially a 206GTi in a 306.

So if you ever want to bolt in the EW10 engine to your car (doubt its worth the effort though), just hunt down late Xsara mountings to make it fit.

Fellow Frogger!

Default 206 Gti engine/306 cars

Thank you man; that leaves me feeling slightly more confident. Of course the precise pudding hasn't yet been served up, so to speak. Does that mean that the standard 306 engine mounts have to be replaced by the ones from a late Xsara 'at the outset' ? With the 206/180 package, I envisioned installing engine/gearbox, wiring, driveshafts, brakes and all of the (what appear physically much bigger) ABs bits. The 206 Gti engine would be a simple replacement for a high mileage 306 2-litre

Thread Information