308 2 litre HDI Tuning Kits
  • Register
  • Help

Default 308 2 litre HDI Tuning Kits

hi: does anyone have any knowledge of diesel tuning kits? -- e.g DTK's (Germany) Peugeot 308 2,0 HDI FAP 136 BHP which claims "POWER 136 HP to 170 HP and TORQUE 320 NM to 400 NM" for $US 478.

and they claim: "The diesel tuning module attaches very easily on the original connector of the engine of the Peugeot 308 2,0 HDI FAP 135. and increases the power significantly and at the same time it decreases the fuel consumption. The DTK Diesel Tuning Kit is an advanced digital module and gives safe diesel tuning without increase in engine wear". DTK can be installed easily by yourself and is much easier than chip tuning or remapping of the ECU. If you want professional diesel performance the DTK is the best choice for your turbo diesel. Gain power and torque and also increase MPG. This is real do it yourself car tuning. The DTK offers the easiest installation available - see the tuning installation here.

With our Diesel Tuning Kit the efficiency increases dramatically. DTK power box for diesel performance is connected between the control unit and the diesel pump, thereby optimizing fuel supply. All DTK products are equipped with original connectors, making installation very easy and quick. This is an advanced digital box that is adapted for all individual car models. No changes will be made to the engine system, and when the Diesel Tuning Kit is removed, the vehicle is returned to its original state. This is a very secure form of car tuning - and much easier than chip tuning or remapping, but gives the same result. Extra power and torque - increased MPG.

• Can be removed and leaves no traces
    • No removal of your vehicle's original program
    • Eliminates flat spots and sharpens throttle
    • Free worldwide shipping
    • Do-It-Yourself installation

or, a company called "Chip Express" in the UK for 400 pounds:

Advertisement

Before/After/Max
    Power
    136 PS
    100 kW / 134 bhp
    After 163 PS
    120 kW / 161 bhp
    Max: 176 PS
    129 kW / 174 bhp
    Torque
    320 Nm
    236 lbf/ft
    After 372 Nm
    274 lbf/ft
    Max: 420 Nm
    310 lbf/ft

and they claim:

• User-adjustable for up to 40% more power and torque, 20% more economy
    • Unlocks your vehicle's full potential using TUV certified, tested software
    • CE approved with ISO 9001 quality assured chipset technology
    • Simple 20 minute or less "plug-in" installation - no wires to cut
    • Can be removed without trace in minutes
    • Pre-programmed for your specific vehicle, no complex setting up
    • Unlike a remap our systems cannot be detected or deleted during routine servicing
    • Does not require the removal of your vehicle's original programme settings
    • Superior performance on demand whilst keeping the engine standard at idle
    • Eliminates flat spots, reduces turbo lag and sharpens throttle for a smoother drive
    • Select higher gears sooner, change down less, reduce revs - better economy
    • Use less throttle for similar driving conditions, further reducing consumption
    • Makes more of the RPM range usable, for safer overtaking
    • Compliant with vehicle emission standards, suitable for diesel particulate vehicles
    • Suitable for manual or automatic vehicles
    • Will not invalidate your vehicle warranty
    • Produces more low down torque compared to a remap - helps towing
    • Comes with full photographic guide for your vehicles engine
    • Full 3 year warranty for your peace of mind
    • "No quibble" refund within 14 days if you are not 100% delighted

Any experiences or views? Is this bullshit or for real?

TD

Fellow Frogger!

Hi, given my experience with a TDC powerbox on my Pathfinder Common Rail Diesel I would guess that what is claimed is close to right. I've had the powerbox on the Pathy for around 90,000kms and it certainly increases power and torque. I'm using fairly conservative setting on the chip. The Pathy does heaps of towing and the improvement is useful. Economy hasn't suffered unduly and at times without a load I reckon the economy could even be a bit better than normal. I did replace the powerbox when it developed a fault after a few years use. The truck has 165,000kms on it and doesn't appear to have suffered from using the powerbox.

I have a 407hdi but have never considered putting a powerbox on it as I reckon it has enough go and economy. I was speaking to a guy who had a recent engine problem with his hdi which the Peugeot dealer claimed was a result of the powerbox. I doubt this given I have not heard of a problem with those running them on their 4wds but it is always a risk.

Cheers

Jim

Default HDi tuning chip

Many thanks Jim, that's useful feedback.

It makes sense that there would be less risk on running a conservative setting, where you have that option. The original chips are meant to accommodate a wide range of country conditions, so they set them at a generic level.

But I suspect it's important to know about the individual chip makers and the models they make chips for...

cheers

Tim

Fellow Frogger!

Hi, mine is a "simple" chip, what I would decribe as 1 wire, which only has an effect on fuel. There are more advanced chips available now, 2 wire, which affect boost as well as fuel. If I was buying again I would certainly go for 2 wire although they are far more expensive (I got my current TDC chip from the US for $250ish landed). Probably the "Rolls Royce" is the Steinbauer.

If you go somewhere like the 4wd sites you will see considerable discussion on diesel chips. I think you'll pick them up if you do a search.

Cheers

Jim

400nm is to much for the original gearbox. It can only take about 370 nm. If you use the 400nm to often something will break down starting with the clutch or the flywheel or even worse the gearbox itself.
    www.peugeotforum.be
    Belgium Peugeot Club

Thread Information