whats the difference?
  • Register
  • Help
    cdt
    Fellow Frogger!

Default whats the difference?

g'day all, am about to list my 85 505 exec in cars for sale and would like to know
    the differences between an exec and a GTI. ive been told that the trim level and
    front bumper is mostly it and the running gear and drive line is GTI. Is this correct?
    Any info would be appreciated.

cheers

chris

Advertisement

Default Exec

Hi Chris,

I am pretty certain that the last 85 Executive that I looked at had STI injection gear (K Jetronic), not GTI injection gear. I believe that some late run STIs did have GTI injection gear though and Executives may also have GTI gear.

I have attached a photos of my 83 STI's engine bay. If your car looks like this then it is STI-based.

Some interior bits were different to the earlier STI - it had leather seats with rear headrests, a different steering wheel to my 83 STI, the different bumpers etc.

I hope that this helps.

James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whats the difference?-moto_1321.jpg  

cdt
    Fellow Frogger!

thanks james,
    have attached a photo of my engine bay, looks GTI, the motor is sparky and free revving
    and prefers 98, it also has leather and other obvious differences, I'm more after the less
    obvious such as suspension setup and LSD.

cheers

chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whats the difference?-012.jpg  

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

Yep, there are GTI Execs and STI Execs. The donor car I used for my 504 GTI conversion was a GTI Exec. Yours certainly looks like a GTI Exec. As far as I know the drivelines are exactly the same as a GTI.
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

1000+ Posts

We have both an STI executive and a GTI Executive in the family (GTI's mine). I have also had 2 standard Series 1 GTI's in the past. Yours is the GTI Executive looking at the engine. STI Executives dont have the sun roof usually, either.

I have seen GTI Execs with velour trim (one) but most have leather as far as I can tell.

Yes the only difference is the seats (if leather) and steering wheel (leather covered), paint (two-tone) unless black, bumpers and they come with air horns as against standard electric horns.
    1998 Peugeot 406 D8SV Manual
    1999 Peugeot 406 D8ST Auto
    2002 Peugeot 406 D9SV Manual
    1994 Peuegot 306 N3 Cabriolet Manual
    1994 Peugeot 306 XR N3 Hatch
    1995 Peugeot 505 GTI executive
    1976 Peugeot 504 Sedan - Now sold

Over 60 Pugs in my time
    Gerry Mullock

Thread Information