207 cost of ownership
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 207 cost of ownership

Hi All,

Im afraid im still deciding on the next vehicle and i've asked this question about a Citroen C4, and i'll ask it here as well as as 207 is also on my very, very short list!

Advertisement

What is the cost of ownership on a French car over in Australia, in particular a Peugeot 207. People always seem to say "buy Japanese", but nothing takes my fancy, and being from the UK I've always seen and liked the 207/307's. Im only worried about servicing costs, parts and major things to look out for. I'm interested in a 207 A7 XT 4 speed auto on carsales that is a 2007 model with 30 odd k on the clock.

Any major things to look out for? Are they reliable?

Any info would be much appreciated.

I have a Citroen C3 and have had it for years. It has been totally reliable considering the engine size and the auto box (touch wood)...

We've just hit 85,000 kms in my wife's 08 207 xe petrol. Servicing is a little on the expensive side but not very often. A lot of the cost comes from pollen filters etc. Currently we drive a minimum of 130kms a day, and the car is yet to miss a beat.

It's quite good on fuel too. Average of 7l/100kms over the life of the car.

Cheers,
    Jim

Has the 207 got the 1.4 TU3 engine like the Citroen C3?

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo777 View Post
    We've just hit 85,000 kms in my wife's 08 207 xe petrol. Servicing is a little on the expensive side but not very often. A lot of the cost comes from pollen filters etc. Currently we drive a minimum of 130kms a day, and the car is yet to miss a beat.

It's quite good on fuel too. Average of 7l/100kms over the life of the car.

Cheers,
    Jim

Hi Jim,

Would you have any rough prices of you 207 servicing. Im i right in thinking there are 12 months or 30k intervals?

many thanks

The car gets an 'actual' service every 20k and has an inspection service in between. The car was initially on a lease before we bought it out so we had all of the services done care of leaseplan up until the most recent.

The 80k service was a major and cost btw $600 and $700 from memory, but this included replaing the pollen filter etc. We have yet to pay any other services out of our own pocket at this stage and can't really remember the pricing that was changed to leaseplan for these.

Tyre wise, we only had them replaced just before we bought the car out (~75k) and they still had plenty of life left.

I also should mention that the car is not exactly a rocket, but it copes with the hills of north avoca well enough.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo777 View Post
    The car gets an 'actual' service every 20k and has an inspection service in between. The car was initially on a lease before we bought it out so we had all of the services done care of leaseplan up until the most recent.

The 80k service was a major and cost btw $600 and $700 from memory, but this included replaing the pollen filter etc. We have yet to pay any other services out of our own pocket at this stage and can't really remember the pricing that was changed to leaseplan for these.

Tyre wise, we only had them replaced just before we bought the car out (~75k) and they still had plenty of life left.

I also should mention that the car is not exactly a rocket, but it copes with the hills of north avoca well enough.
    Thanks for the info Jim,

Would that be the 1.6 or 2 litre engine and auto or manual?

Cheers

207 XE would be 1.6 Auto. The 207 is not available with a 2 litre engine.

The first year (20k) service for my GTi was bloody expensive through the dealer, about $600.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO View Post
    207 XE would be 1.6 Auto. The 207 is not available with a 2 litre engine.

The first year (20k) service for my GTi was bloody expensive through the dealer, about $600.
    $600, was that a major service at 20k?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koolerking View Post
    $600, was that a major service at 20k?

Thanks
    According to Peugeot's menu price servicing, it's a minor service.

$585 was the actual cost. I had 207 GT previously, and the 20k service cost for that was $465.

I wasn't expecting that much of a jump in the service cost between the two cars. Pays to shop around I guess.

Thread Information