Recent ECU installed on 8V?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Recent ECU installed on 8V?

Does anyone know of an 8V being fitted with an aftermarket ECU recently? In particular a Microtec M172 from Competition Systems in Melbourne?

I have been told that Competition Systems have just installed this ECU on an 8V and have it running fine. If anyone know who this would be I would love to speak with them.

They should know that the ECU is at least second hand, probably third hand, and I would love to know what their ignition set up is - this ECU would do everything it was supposed to for me while static, but when cranking would not generate a spark.

Hope to hear something....?

Just posted this in the technical and performance corner too.

Advertisement

I'm about to install a Wolf3D into my 8V.

Chris

Haltech Sprint 500 is running a few 8vs.

Needs a MAP sensor and TDC trigger (mod the dizzy or flywheel), different TPS sensor, and a different O2 sensor. Not really major mods, the x-factor is tuning it.

Some people are happy with Jetronic but that box is near 30 years old. Why bother with that when you can have a fully tunable ECU matched to your engine?

Have a search for posts by Graham Wallis and Peter Taylor on Megasquirt and Haltech Sprint respectively, might give you an idea of what's involved.

2005 Renault Clio Sport 182 Cup
    1983 Peugeot 505 SRDT

It's all cool, I have now installed a Microtec Sprint 500 on my car, running batch fire so no cam sensor.

All I would like to do is get in contact with the people who have wound up with the ECU I returned to vendor to let them know of a few issues I had with the vendor.

Cheers.

Thread Information