GTI 180 Seat broken
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default GTI 180 Seat broken

Hi Guys, another question... (sorry!)

one of the levers on the driver side seat seems to be broken.... Its the small one that controls the hight adjustment....

It is all loose and floppy on the drivers side, passanger side works OK.....

I tried to get under there and see if the handle has unhooked itself or a spring gone or something, but its extremely tight down there with all the airbag stuff....

Advertisement

Has anyone had this? Im thinking I should take the seat off and see if I can manually re attach whatever it is that has come loose.... Is there much risk of stuffing up the airbag connectors?

Thanks,
    Dekkar
    Remember, its not a game, its a state of mind......

Tadpole

Shouldn't be a problem. I have removed both my seats. Ignition off. Unplug the wire on the bottom first, then unbolt the seat (4bolts).
    and remember to plug it back in when you replace the seats.
    regards. Phil

Tadpole

Cool... thx for the info! Look forward to fixing it!

I never even knew that lever did anything until someone in my passenger seat almost catapulted herself through the windscreen..... ! Then I knew mine was broken...... !

Tadpole

with this post was wanting to know if anyone could help me how to pull out a seat. i've been trying for a while and just have given up on taking out the seat. My passenger side doesn't fully move to the back and i just wanted to know how i could possibly fix it. if anyone knows how i would greatly appreciate it!

Theo.

Tadpole

Not too sure, I didnt have any real problems getting mine off, it was a pretty tight squeeze, but eventually I got the screws out....

It looks like the lever on mine was broken however, so there was no fixing happening there!.... Looks like a rivet or something providing a cantilever affect to the handle has broken off.......

Thread Information