Whats this worth (EOI)
  • Register
  • Help

Default Whats this worth (EOI)

Well I have my imaculate series 2 mi16, Its regestered till august.

The car itself looks great, has full heated leather, dark tinted windows, cd player and a remus muffler and currently has 16" 206 GTI nimrods on it! But i will probably put the original wheels back on if i sell it!

The engine is the problem it's on its second one and needs another. It still drives and we still drive it regulary to melb and back about (150kms)! All it does is make a bearing like rattle which slowly gets worse the further you go But when you stop and let it cool down again it perfect again for the first 5 kms before it starts is rattle again!

I just want to know what its worth? WOuld anyone be prepared to by it as it is? How much would they give me?

Cheers Chris.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats this worth (EOI)-img20110315_017.jpg   Whats this worth (EOI)-img20110315_019.jpg   Whats this worth (EOI)-img20110315_016.jpg   Whats this worth (EOI)-getattachment6.jpg  
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Quote Originally Posted by cav91 View Post
    Well I have my imaculate series 2 mi16, Its regestered till august.

The car itself looks great, has full heated leather, dark tinted windows, cd player and a remus muffler and currently has 16" 206 GTI nimrods on it! But i will probably put the original wheels back on if i sell it!

The engine is the problem it's on its second one and needs another. It still drives and we still drive it regulary to melb and back about (150kms)! All it does is make a bearing like rattle which slowly gets worse the further you go But when you stop and let it cool down again it perfect again for the first 5 kms before it starts is rattle again!

I just want to know what its worth? WOuld anyone be prepared to by it as it is? How much would they give me?

Cheers Chris.
    Chris,

I'm no potential buyer but, for marketing purposes why don't you offer a engine plus head for someone else to fit with the Sale?

Surely engines must be available by the dozen for you.

This means the car is a reliable goer only needing engine.

Alternatively quote a price for an engine in this ad.

It looks a great car!

cheers

Rob

Fellow Frogger!

hmmmm nice car, the guy i live with was a mech for pug when these were brand spankers! spose ill show him this thread n see what he recons, might have a buyer in him.

Quote Originally Posted by WRC180 View Post
    hmmmm nice car, the guy i live with was a mech for pug when these were brand spankers! spose ill show him this thread n see what he recons, might have a buyer in him.
    It's in MELBOURNE Victoria.

Long drive for a car with a run bearing!

Fellow Frogger!

ahhhhhhh, but we have tow trucks.....and winnebagos with car trailers!

Yeah my plan is to put a low km xantia engine in it i found! (xu10j4r) instead of the original (xu10j4)

I was going to use the mi16 cams and manifolds to acheive the original 160ish hp! And hopefully use all the ecu system from the mi16 if i can make all the sensors bolt on!
    I just havent had the time to do it.

I'm getting sick of driving my rattely noisy and extremely stiff series one. So was hoping I could sell the series 2 and by the grey 306 that dad has up for sale!

What are you thoughts should I continue with it or give up? Does my theory seem to be alright?

The cars actually in kyneton so it closer than melb by about 45 mins! And thats a lot when your on a long trip!

Cheers Chris
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Oh yeah i just lo9oked through the photos and noticed the spoiler is black! This is because i found a t16 type one and was doing a trial fit to see what it would look like! The original one is at home waiting to go back on! I was going to get the t16 spoiler painted and a grille I found which was off a late diesel, so its got chrome moulding on it. I think it would make it look a bit more expensive! Hopefully not look ethnic!
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Mi16 cams don't fit XU10J4R but you can regrind the R cams to Mi16 profile. I now have a master.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!

That's a very nice looking series 2 Mi16.

Wouldn't replacing the big end bearings or whatever bearnings are rotten rather than replacing the engine be more economic and keep the car with fairly original mechanicals?

Default PeterT

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    Mi16 cams don't fit XU10J4R but you can regrind the R cams to Mi16 profile. I now have a master.
    Ok I was under the impression that the heads are almost identical!
    Anyway how much will it cost me to get you to regrind the cams to Mi16 specs?
    Am I gunna end up with the same performance from the xu10j4r engine without actually removing the head?
    I dont want to remove the head because thats the only characteristic that both my other engines had and they are now dead in the bottom end!
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Cav91,
    Given that you are still doing the trip to Melbourne regularly with the rattley engine things may not be as bad as thought. Any bearing noise would have become terminal by now?

Wildebeest, with half full glass.

Quote Originally Posted by owendaniel View Post
    That's a very nice looking series 2 Mi16.

Wouldn't replacing the big end bearings or whatever bearnings are rotten rather than replacing the engine be more economic and keep the car with fairly original mechanicals?
    Thanks I think it looks good too, The series two is so much nicer than the series one to drive, If only they had the series one engines!!

Yeah I've done that and they lasted about 5 mins! Its cylinder number 4 (from the flywheel end under the oil pump) I measured up the crank before it and revealed that it was within the tolerances so put it together! I then proceeded to drive it without revving it over 3000 RPM when the same noice returned!
    Now I'm beleiving it probably internal so to change the crankshaft the engine needs to be out anyway! So my theory is to put what my reseach has discovered to be a better engine in! It just seems to be easier than the hassles of rebuilding an engine!
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest View Post
    Cav91,
    Given that you are still doing the trip to Melbourne regularly with the rattley engine things may not be as bad as thought. Any bearing noise would have become terminal by now?

Wildebeest, with half full glass.
    I thought that too! And hoped it! But i cant find what else to be!
    My last engine started making this noice shortly after doing the head gasket and shaving the head slightly (as per the book when you get a blown head gasket)

When i put it back together it started this noice (same as now) which we all thought was the lifters! So I kept driving it till eventually the noice became herendos! When pulling it down again we discoverered the bearing had worn away to nothing and let the piston go up to far, it then hit the head and broke. The head was also inbedded with lots bits of piston!
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

The other issue you have if fitting the R engine is ECU compatibility. The Mi16 has sequential fuel and thus has a reference sensor on the inlet cam, in addition to the crank angle sensor. The R engine is multipoint and thus just uses a crank angle sensor only. So how will you achieve a reference signal?

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

I'm hoping, (but havent started) to use all the sensors inc all the bolt on thermostate housing and cam sensors on the xantia engine!

Can you some it up peterT Do i have any chance of this working?
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Quote Originally Posted by cav91 View Post
    Do i have any chance of this working?
    Not unless you fit an XU10J4RS which has the same cam reference sensor, albeit at the opposite end of the engine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats this worth (EOI)-cam-sensor.jpg  

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Is there any chance of re using the mi16's original one?
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Thread Information