Dension Gateway 5 in Pug 308
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Dension Gateway 5 in Pug 308

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Dension Gateway 5 module?

I recently have bought one from ebay and am looking to install over the weekend. The manual says that i will require the CD stacker option to be activated in my RD4 Headunit using the PLANET Peugeot (lexia 3) tool for it to work. My Car is a 2008 Peugeot 308 XSE 1.6THP with the RCA inputs in the glove box, so i have AUX when scrolling through the menu.

My questions is has anyone done this in the past and what did the dealers charge to activate the function?

ERrrr hmmmm if any fellow AussieFrogs in Syd happen to have a Lexia 3 and knows how to activate this feature and is willing to help out a fellow Frog out. I would happily rather pay them for there time then the rip off Dealerships!

For people who don't know, the Dension Gateway 5 once installed will provide my pug 308 with Full ipod control, Handsfree Bluetooth, Bluetooth Audio Streaming using the audio stalk and i will be able to make and received calls using the Headunits/MFD. More info can be found here:

http://shop.dension.com/en/gateway_f...oSgpXBDY43L~Q/

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement

Is the fine print ("only 4 line displays are supported") relevant?

Looks good, but at €250-odd, it should ...
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

Tadpole

Icon1

The 4 Line display is the standard MDF screen on the 308 (on mine anyways.. hehe)
    If you look at the install guide on the Dension website it looks pretty good!

Ohh there is also a Youtube install video on a 207 from Dension if ur intrested on how it looks on screen.

I purchases mine from ebay for $230 inc shipping, Considering the bluetooth option was $500... i think i got a good deal....

Tadpole

Icon7

For all who are interested...

Well finally installed the unit and it all works a treat, Bluetooth Phone and Audio Streaming works well... (just fine tuning the mic)

As for Ipod connectivity, this works as i thought it would... access is similar to a normal ipod menu system.

BTW all, apparantly all Pug 308 with RD4 headunit are pre configured to accept CD-Stacker without going to a st(d)ealer... (Cost me $50 to find that out... Grhhhh )

Although there were some initial teething problems, the support team at Dension were very helpful and all was solved within 48hrs.

Glad to say it is all working a treat...

Happy to answer any questions ppl might have

Well done. Ours came with those features. They are definitely worth the spend. For resale too I think.
    Cheers
    Steve

Bravo -- we let ourselves to be talked out of that option because it was going to add to already-distant delivery dates, knowing that to get the dealer to add them on later would be even more unreasonably expensive.

Did you buy it from an eBay retailer or just as somebody's cast-off? And was it a complete kit?
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

Tadpole

Yup was purchasesd on Ebay... Was a international Seller in Hong Kong (in USD) but thanks to the strong AUD got it at a good price.

Package was completed, Gateway 5 unit and Ipod/iphone Cradle.
    Very easy install, just pop out the stereo, unplug and put new piggy-back cable in, Then just route all the wires into glove box and mic up to the interior Light pod and Bammo! Complete!

Best part is that there are no unsightly wires hanging around as everything is hidden...

Thread Information