205 colour scheme
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 colour scheme

so im thinking a black body with the wheel flares and trim black and then the plastic inertrim white and wheels white. i am however going to maintain the interior black and red interior

Advertisement
    2004 206 GTI 180 BLACK
    1998 406 2.0L auto ST WHITE

[email][email protected][email]

Get us some photos of oyur car and we can shop them.

not sure black is the best for a 205 - you would need to keep it immaculate to pull it off. Also best to do the flares and bumpers etc in the very same paint - ie sand them smooth and try to integrate - that is a lot of extra work. There are some very bad custom bodge looking 205s in the UK, where the guys have tried to turn them into a car they are not, avoid that dude.

If you choose a colour that is a bit more 'innocent' you will have a sleeper.

have fun, cool project.
    S3 205 GTI x 4 and getting lower
    1998 S1 Lotus Elise
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

HAHA I'd paint it bright yellow!! It will certainly be seen!
    Or maybe that miami blue they came out with!
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

I'm calling the "taste" police...

Seriously, Miami blue, Lazer green - charcoal speedlines!
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Pls dont

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    I'm calling the "sense" police...
    Fixed.

You've said in another thread that it will be a good investment and a future classic, but it probably wont be if you change its appearance so radically. Have you bought one yet or is this all hypothetical?

Cosmetically I would leave it the colour it is:
    Clean up all the paint problems/dints that a $500 205 is sure to have.
    Refurbish the black plastic trim and fix any interior problems.
    Buy some 16" Nimrods off of James 504, get associated hub-centric spacers made (if needed) - paint charcoal + polish the lip.

Seeing as you're working in a smash repairs shop this probably wont cost you too much, and I believe budget is a big factor for you.

The money you saved by not changing all the colours could then be spent on all the suspension and mechanical work that a $500 205 is certain to need. (Why not try pricing this sort of work up before buying a $500 dollar car?).
    Then with any money left over, start warming up the 8 valve.

You really should save up and buy a car that is mechanically good. Seeing as panel and paint seems to be your area of expertise the cosmetic condition of the car probably doesn't matter too much, so try to find one as mechanically good as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_molon from the need a 205 gti thread
    im not really looking to pay more than 500 tho sorry mate im really poor so im looking for something close to a hunk of junk mechanically because im going to fix that later anyway.
    One that is mechanically a hunk of junk is going to cost you bucket loads to fix in the long term. The more you spend buying a car in better condition, the more you save in the long run.

You're allowed to dream though, were not the fun police, but if you're on a budget you need to plan carefully and think realistically.

Yeah I'm buying it next week. The body has almost no dings or dents so I will probs knock a respray off over a weekend. And nah now I've decided to have some fun with it. A play car as not to put daily commuting km's on my 206. Then later down the track hopefully when I'm earning more cash I can restore it properly. Now mechanically I'm sweet cause I'm not paying for any labour I work I'n the middle of two mechanics who are both going to help me. They love working on cars and I've been quoted a case of beer for an engine replacement haha.
    2004 206 GTI 180 BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by matt_molon View Post
    Yeah I'm buying it next week. The body has almost no dings or dents so I will probs knock a respray off over a weekend. And nah now I've decided to have some fun with it. A play car as not to put daily commuting km's on my 206. Then later down the track hopefully when I'm earning more cash I can restore it properly. Now mechanically I'm sweet cause I'm not paying for any labour I work I'n the middle of two mechanics who are both going to help me. They love working on cars and I've been quoted a case of beer for an engine replacement haha.
    thats all good, except the rest of us will still wince when you go past in a DIY black 205. Just choose a great long term colour and do it once, do it well. I am sure you are much quicker than me, but it has taken a quite a few hours just to get my front spoiler painted, let alone an entire car in a weekend.
    S3 205 GTI x 4 and getting lower
    1998 S1 Lotus Elise
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by matt_molon View Post
    I will probs knock a respray off over a weekend.
    *Facepalm*
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

i think u have to remember that im going to have two painters and a beater helping me over a weekend at a smash repairs shop. so as much as u think its a face palm its not. in fact last week we knocked over a honda crv total respray apart from the roof which is sinch anyways in 2 days, and thats not including all the other sundry repairs done in that time as well. i personally preped the whole crv in half a day, and a crv is a lot bigger and not as straight forward to paint as a boxy 205. i have access to compressed air, industry standard chemicals and paint, tools jacks anything i need, i have the shop at my disposal for the weekend as im lucky enough to have a great boss and work with decent fellows who will help a mate out. that aside i think im going to go a true black body and then a red bodykit and door apertures etc so i will put a fresh coat of clear over areas inside the doors, bar repair spots where i will need to blend a colour which is lucky that we have a computer to give us exact measurements to mix peugeot colours to match the 205. i will have to 205 painted the weekend after i get it the mechanical and interior rebuild will be the time consuming area. also if anyone needs some touch up paint PM me ur colour code and ill mix u up 100ml
    2004 206 GTI 180 BLACK

Someone on here had a two-tone silver 205 with white wheels that looked alright. If i was doing a black 205 i would leave the side strips red, and wouldn't paint the wheels white. I'd either do them a dark colour(boring i know) or some outrages fluro colour.
    note. bright coloured wheels are a pain to keep clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    what is it about these cars that turn grown men into babies wanting a 2nd or 3rd identical rattle? now, wheres my wallet....

Thread Information