HELP pug205 wiring 4 hazard,air,demist,etc switches for 87 to 92 dash replacement
  • Register
  • Help

Default HELP pug205 wiring 4 hazard,air,demist,etc switches for 87 to 92 dash replacement

HELP PLEASE.
    I've put S2 dash on S1 peugeot205. The wiring for ancillary switches - aircon, demist, fog, hazard, fan (probably the stereo too) IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!
    More/Less wires, different colours. It appears the Haines manual wiring diagram is for the latter dash.
    Does anyone have any belp?

Advertisement

Just changed email (sh[email protected]) so might not get emails.
    Present: 406 petrol 2.0 turbo 97(GB Import), 205 gti 1.9 89, Yamaha TZR250 3xv 93 (Jap Import)

Past: 205 gti 1.6 1988 (Singpr Import), Citroen 1.9 BX16valve, 405 1.9 mi16, 405 2.0 mi16,
    205 si 93, Mini GT, Datsun SSS x3, Dodge Ram, kingswood, Yamaha TZR250 2ma x2

Hey mate...You've left your Barina's lights on

Oh Geeezzz mate, your in for a big job there!

Have to admit, I do recon the series two dials look far better than the series one dials ....although having said that, i took my series two dials out in favour of some gauges.

I wanted to have my driving lights and fog lights operating through the series two switches. There was two spaces spare so i ordered some extra switches and connected them up and even that was a big job.

I would start by puting the old (series one) controls back and taking detailed notes with my multi meter taking values of switch possitions to record what voltage goes where and what opperates at the time. Remember that that the operation of the hazard switch alone has ALL of the indicator system runing through that one switch. Mark the wires and what they do.

Get a series two loom. I would strip back the insulation tape from the three or four plugs you need and snip them off as you will need these to connect to the back of the switches. Use a SOLDERING IRON to make all connections. Forget the crimp on rubbish for bare wire ends. They are OK for relays and stuff that has a terminal.

To cut a long storey short, if you do get to having it all running, you will be looking at alot of cut and joined cables.
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

Thanks very much.
    After much deliberation i'v decide to make a mongrel dash (as all the indicator and light switches are different also the mounting point is diffrent on S1). Going to keep S1 switches and switchgear (the 4 on the central unit -harzrd, aircon etc) and mount S2 faces on them. Can't go back now as I got rid of the S1 stuff.
    Present: 406 petrol 2.0 turbo 97(GB Import), 205 gti 1.9 89, Yamaha TZR250 3xv 93 (Jap Import)

Past: 205 gti 1.6 1988 (Singpr Import), Citroen 1.9 BX16valve, 405 1.9 mi16, 405 2.0 mi16,
    205 si 93, Mini GT, Datsun SSS x3, Dodge Ram, kingswood, Yamaha TZR250 2ma x2

Hey mate...You've left your Barina's lights on

This may sound strange, but Ive done this conversion. I got a hold of a S2 loom and swapped them over. From memory ( not complete anymore! ) its plugg and play and everything worked..

Cam
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Thread Information