2005 Peugeot 307 HDi Windscreen Wiper Problem
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2005 Peugeot 307 HDi Windscreen Wiper Problem

Hi everyone,

my 2005 307 has an annoying fault which has just appeared - the windscreen wipers start up when I turn on the ignition, and the wipers don't park in their normal spot at the base of the windscreen. I have to keep pulsing the wipers until they eventually park properly, and it can take a few goes to get them there. Is there a position sensor in the wiper motor which can fail?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Advertisement

Ewan

most likely, but never heard of it before. does it have auto wipers? try switching them off, probaby wont do much if there not stopping at the bottom properly. the wipers are run off the rain sensor/light sensor ecu, so if you can get someone to scan it for faults, that might give you a starting point

1000+ Posts

Sounds like a COM2000 failure to me .. the whole stalk assembly will be misbehaving.

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa View Post
    Sounds like a COM2000 failure to me .. the whole stalk assembly will be misbehaving.
    oh yeah forgot about the comms ay haha

Tadpole

Hi all,

there aren't any other failures evident on the rest of the stalk/coms2000 assembly - I think the problem may lie in the wiper motor itself.

Does anyone have a spare wiper motor they'd like to look at for me? Some photos would be helpful.

How hard is it to pull the front wiper motor out?

1000+ Posts

The switch is the COM2000 though. A faulty motor isn't going to activate unless something tells it to (the COM2000). The fact that pulsing the switch stops the behaviour is more evidence pointing towards the COM2000.

Tadpole

But there are two parts to the fault:

1. The wipers start when the ignition is turned on; and

2. The wipers don't stop when they reach the normal park position.

If there is a faulty 'stop' sensor in the wiper motor itself, that may well explain both parts of the fault. In 'normal' wiper motors there is an 'on' signal which tells the wipers to start. Once the wipers start, this signal can be removed, and the wipers will continue to move until they reach the park position. I don't know how the BSI controls the wiper motor, but there will have to be some form of position information in the wiper motor (even if it's just a simple switch as in 'normal' wiper motors).

Any idea as to how I can easily read error codes from my BSI? There may be something flagged which will tell me more.

Thanks,

Ewan

Tadpole

Default 2005 Peugeot 307 HDi Windscreen Wiper Problem - SOLVED!

Hi all,

The wiper problem has been resolved - mice had eaten the wiring to the wiper motor and severed one wire completely and damaged the insulation to the other three. Fortunately there was just enough old wire remaining to crimp new wire on to...

Pulling out the wiper motor was a bit of a pain but it's done. The interesting point is that I looked at the wiper motor wiring because someone at my work mentioned that it had happened to them - apparently the European wiring is tasty to Australian rodents!

I'm now scared to drive my car to the farm where the fault originally occurred. I thought initially there was something wrong after leaving the accessories on overnight to allow my phone to charge in the car. Now I know!

Bye,

Ewan

good to hear its fixed!!
    in regards to the bsi logging faults, it may only log an open/short circuit fault, maybe nothing at all.

Fellow Frogger!

Default 307 hdi wiper problems

Was it during the "BE NICE TO MICE WEEK" or did you forget to feed the little buggers.
    Tony

What is it with rodents and wiper wires! I'd been assuming that Linda's weirdo wiper issue (wipe 6 times when you open any door or the boot and stop in weird positions - only operate for six wipes whenever you turn them on etc - really annoying!) was a Com2000 failure for months, and telling her she'll have to get a replacement, but after reading this thread I took a look at the wiring to the motor, and low and behold one of the blighters (I suspect a rat in our case) had gnawed all the way through one lead and damaged another!.

Fixed the leads and all is back to normal.
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by dukbilt View Post
    Hi all,

The wiper problem has been resolved - mice had eaten the wiring to the wiper motor and severed one wire completely and damaged the insulation to the other three. Fortunately there was just enough old wire remaining to crimp new wire on to...

Pulling out the wiper motor was a bit of a pain but it's done. The interesting point is that I looked at the wiper motor wiring because someone at my work mentioned that it had happened to them - apparently the European wiring is tasty to Australian rodents!

I'm now scared to drive my car to the farm where the fault originally occurred. I thought initially there was something wrong after leaving the accessories on overnight to allow my phone to charge in the car. Now I know!

Bye,

Ewan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Hagen View Post
    What is it with rodents and wiper wires! I'd been assuming that Linda's weirdo wiper issue (wipe 6 times when you open any door or the boot and stop in weird positions - only operate for six wipes whenever you turn them on etc - really annoying!) was a Com2000 failure for months, and telling her she'll have to get a replacement, but after reading this thread I took a look at the wiring to the motor, and low and behold one of the blighters (I suspect a rat in our case) had gnawed all the way through one lead and damaged another!.

Fixed the leads and all is back to normal.
    Guys what to say first

First of all good morning from greece and thanks to aussiefrogs for accepting me in this forum

I have exactly the same problem as yours.I went in 4 car workshops and all found nothing.Bsi diagnostic was ok,no faults and they suggested to change the bsi.In my country has 300 . I said no,i didnt want to change something because of its maybe failure.I wanted first to find the exact failure.The symptoms are the same.You open the door,or ignition on and the wipers start working like crazy and stop in random position.I went last night to see under the hood and i found a small hole right at the corner of the driver seat under the glass. I will keep you informed what i will find next....

Thanks again

See... you guys wanna stop bagging poor old Peugeot for having faults and technical issues all the time! Not their fault the car is so tasty that even rodents want a piece of it.

2011 Peugeot 207 HDi Touring Outdoor

Past: 1953 Thames 100E van, 1966 Austin 1800, 1972 XA Falcon V8, 1973 Peugeot 504,
    1984 Mitsubishi Colt, Holden HX Kingswood, 1983 Toyota Corolla XX, 1988 Toyota Corolla 4WD, 2007 Peugeot 307XSE. + various company Falcauriodores.

Next: 2007 Peugeot 407HDi Coupe

Hey, who has been bagging Peugeot here for these problems!???

Mind you, I'm beginning to wonder now that I see much the same problem occurring for others the world over!

Not their fault the car is so tasty that even rodents want a piece of it.

Indeed, must be down to the fairies. Let's hope it is only a matter of time before Peugeot find a way to stop rats and fellow travellers biting off wiper wires, don't you think?

Let's face it. Designing a system that lets rats and mice wipe out even the most basic functions ain't real clever!
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Has been a problem for years! Rodents seem to love electrical insulation, the older wax covered cotton braid was a favourite.
    It seems the best result would be to add Ratsak to the plastic mix so the little blighters get a terminal stomach ache and get PSA to stop using cheese based insulation!

Come on, I know it's a crap joke but someone should have done it sooner!

Default But why the wipers!

But why the wiper wires? Heck, there are plenty of other bits of wiring that they can feast on! (and I've seen them have a bit of a snack on many vehicles, but rarely with such determination!)
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Hello again

I want to thank you again because you gave me the solution.Yes,indeed that was the reason for the cazy wiper thing.The rodents had eaten all the 4 wires that gone to the wiper motor.

And the most important: they ate the outside of central strand .Fortunately ,they stopped there.I bought naphthalene to prevent a second round of rodent lunch and of course ratsbane.

Thanks again all for help

I just had wiper gone nuts disaster too and was blaming it on the comm 2000etc etc...wipers coming on when passenger doors opens, and having a mind of their own etc etc etc...guess what.....same thing... freaking mice having a party and sampling all the flavours of wire on tap...how about that twice on the same sort of car with same wires...
    is there a parellel mouse internet with a forum on tastiest car wiring available?

Default Real Mouses also

Giving our 307 Hdi a look over and found a piece of Blue hay band hanging out of the insulation below the wipers in the engine bay. Investigation found a nest which i presume is mice related due to the large numbers around. Vacuumed out and will keep an I on it.

I just left out the piece of carpet/insulation on the firewall...doesnt seem to do anything but invite the mice in

Thread Information