Flat spot in 1.6HDi - have you had a fuel system cleanout due to the Eolys fluid?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Flat spot in 1.6HDi - have you had a fuel system cleanout due to the Eolys fluid?

It's a Citreon, but I had a 307 once. ;-)

I know there have been quite a few threads (now lost) from owners having to have their fuel system cleaned because their HDi was running roughly.

I have a worsening flat spot just off idle and the car sometimes pauses for as much as 5 seconds after a gear change or acceleration, before accelerating.

Sometimes it speeds up and slows down at idle as if it is about to stall or cut out, in a chugging sort of way.

I know several owners have been told that aussie diesel contaminates the Eolys fluid, which gunks up the fuel system.

Do you have any knowledge of this? I have a similar thread here:

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...701#post920701

Several months ago I contacted a Melbourne company who offered cheap after-market parts like filters for current Cits and Pugs, but I cannot find out who it was. Any suggestions?

Best regards

TG

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor G View Post

Several months ago I contacted a Melbourne company who offered cheap after-market parts like filters for current Cits and Pugs, but I cannot find out who it was. Any suggestions?
    At least I found that - either Caravelle Importers or French Connection.

Thread Information