my 306 XSi is coming along
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default my 306 XSi is coming along

Hey everyone,

So far I have put in the XYZ coilovers, they are absolutely awesome, not harsh when set on the sofest setting and the handling is 10 times better when you go up just 1 stage of adjustment.

I got new rotors and pads all round. throttle body cleaned out, new K&N filter, new tie rod ends, new sway bar links, new spark plugs, new front bushes. So the suspension is pretty sorted for a fast street car.

But the engine has no mods .... so it aint so fast ... yet!

I have ordered a new strut brace.

Advertisement

I have the XU102J motor and wanted to know if the GTI or S16 exhaust and manifold fit the XSi?

I am really stuck for engine mods, Can people please steer me on the right path. What Can be achieved with the XU102J 2 Litre, what can I borrow from it cousins ?

Tadpole

People can't help?

Tadpole

I would also be interested to know what mods are available for this engine...

A GTI6 intake manifold should just swap straight over. I'm pretty sure your engine is basically a de tuned gti6 engine. Not meant to be a performance car. Get rid of it and buy a gti6 or S16.

Tadpole

really helpful

Default Try a club

The best advise i can give you is to try the local peugeot car club! They usually have a lot of enthusiats that just want to do the same as what you want to do! Without telling you useless and irrelevant opinions!!
    Last edited by cav91; 10th January 2011 at 06:12 PM.

if u locate any mods can u let me know
    2004 206 GTI 180 BLACK
    1998 406 2.0L auto ST WHITE

[email][email protected][email]

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by HOT306 View Post
    A GTI6 intake manifold should just swap straight over. I'm pretty sure your engine is basically a de tuned gti6 engine. Not meant to be a performance car. Get rid of it and buy a gti6 or S16.
    I thought the XSi came out of the factory with the same suspension setup as the GTi6?

If so, i dont think your suggestions of "getting rid of it: is very helpfull. Maybe he wants a 5 door Gti6?

I have also been looking for information on whether the GTi6 Exhaust and intake manifolds are a direct/easy fit on the XSi. I have read conflicting info on it.

A high flow CAT and a performance chip would probable add a few kws.

Hi Pug02,
    I have a 2001 2.0 Rallye (white) with a XU10J4R motor. I'm looking at doing similar work to what your undertaking. From my research there's a number of things you can do without mods to the ECU, or replacing the ECU. Inlet: Cold Air, or Inlet kit like the K&N57i, Hi-flow Exaust (and manifold, which the GTi6 unit should fit right on), and a mild CAM re-grind (cheaper than replacing, but means your without your car for a few weeks). That should give around around 15% increase, and balance out the mid-range.
    This is the list of things I'm planning or have recently done:

Suspension:
    White line strut brace - Done
    Koni Sports shocks - Done
    30mm Eibach Lowered Springs -Done
    Custom Sway bars OR GTi6 24mm bar at rear
    Performance Torsion bar

Wheels:
    OZ Racing UltraLeggera (5.7kgs) – 16 x 7
    Tyres – 205 x 16 x 40/45
    Brakes – Slotted 266mm vented discs
    Brakes – Goodridge Braided lines - Done

Engine:
    K&N 57i Induction kit – P/N: 57-0416
    Manifold Heat shield
    Mild Cam re-grind
    High-flow exhaust
    ECU re-map??? Apparently you can re-map the Std ECU.

Gear Box
    Quick-shifter
    Thought about getting the 6 speed GTi6 g/box, but you loose more turning circle from what is already a large turning circle, and the end ratios end up about the same.

Interior
    Light weight reclining sports racing seats in Grey and Black. Example: http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/cr1/

Exterior
    Simple front splitter??
    Simple Rear spoiler??

High cost mods:
    Polished and ported heads
    Quaife LSD

I hope this helps. I know a lot of people would say it's a waste, and you should just get a GTi6, but sometimes these personal projects are just what you need. I just want mine to be, generally a little better.
    Last edited by Simon888; 17th March 2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Extra Info

Just reading through old posts and was wondering how your project finished up Simon? Any photos

Hey Trihardthlete, No engine workyet. It sits really well on the road with the new poly bushes and the thickerARB in the rear. As yet no new torsion bars, but not sure if it needs it. Nonew seats either. Not yet anyway

Damn was hoping to see the new seats. Sounds great though, had a 2001 RallyE a few cars back and loved it. Plenty of take off but the suspension was shite, now you've rectified that I reckon it would be a blast to drive. Let me know when you get those seats in

Thread Information