205 GTIs seem to be quite cheap
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 205 GTIs seem to be quite cheap

At them moment 205 GTIs seem to be quite cheap.
    When I was a teenager in the UK they wre my dream car, so now they are very tempting indeed...
    I'm guessing cheap ones would potentially be trouble tho' - I seem to remember suspension stories?

Advertisement
    Goonengerry 505

1000+ Posts

Actually i have been thinking the opposite lately
    As always with any car the dogs will be cheap however when it comes to getting a good example or a mint one it is a whole different story IMHO.
    Keep in mind we are talking 20 + year cars nearly.....good ones going for $4500 up...right up to $10,000 i see someones asking price. As a comparison i sometimes see much later cars [Commondores and Falcoons ] going for less than the little GTi.

Prices in the UK for GTi's seem to be on the rise too.....restored ones bringing similar money to a Alpine GTA [5000quid ]

Other later model Pugs have not faired as well i believe...E.G. I have seen lately for sale....GTI6 =$2000 xsi = $2850 206 180= $12000. Not to mention the fantastic 406 coupe which is nearing a good 205's price ...yikes !!

Only my 2c worth tho:
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v View Post
    Actually i have been thinking the opposite lately
    As always with any car the dogs will be cheap however when it comes to getting a good example or a mint one it is a whole different story IMHO.
    Keep in mind we are talking 20 + year cars nearly.....good ones going for $4500 up...right up to $10,000 i see someones asking price. As a comparison i sometimes see much later cars [Commondores and Falcoons ] going for less than the little GTi.

Prices in the UK for GTi's seem to be on the rise too.....restored ones bringing similar money to a Alpine GTA [5000quid ]

Other later model Pugs have not faired as well i believe...E.G. I have seen lately for sale....GTI6 =$2000 xsi = $2850 206 180= $12000. Not to mention the fantastic 406 coupe which is nearing a good 205's price ...yikes !!

Only my 2c worth tho:
    I see what you mean - I had just seen a couple of the cheap ones, but you're right the better cars a fetching a higher price now.
    Goonengerry 505

Yep they certainly hold there money well

But its finding a good one too and looking after it

Thread Information