407 with a leaking boot
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 407 with a leaking boot

Hey guys,

I'm just new to the forum and I am hoping you can shed a little light on my problem.

I've got an 05 407 HDI sedan and with all of the heavy rain lately I've disovered that a serious amount of water has been collecting in the spare wheel well under the boot...

I've obviously cleaned it all up and now park under cover where possible but does anyone know where this leak might be coming from?

Cheers, Pugalug.

Advertisement

Icon10 Helpful.

Bonjour Pugalug,

L'eau tombe du ciel, une force majeure.

Mike.
    Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

Hi Pugalug,

Welcome to

It's possibly a boot seal that's damaged or a rear light assy that's not sitting properly or has a damaged seal.

The other alternative, depending on how much water you've been driving through, is that a plug in the wheel well has come loose.

If you're game, you could get someone to lock you in the boot while they direct the hose at it. You may find the culprit...
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Does the car have a tow bar... After I had mine fitted and lots of rain here in Brizvegas I found the slack shits that had done the installation failed to refit the gromet correctly that the harness for the tow bar and the rear parking sensors passed thru going from inside the car to thae outside ... hence 2 incjhes of water in the boot with lots of rusty Iron filings left over from the installation

Good luck
    Meggsy
    Current - 4007HDi
    Had - 407 HDI 406 SV 404, 504, 505 GR and STI. 405 GR ( carbie version) STI, MI16
    And an Austin 1800
    Learnt to drive in 203 Convertible and a 403 SW

I have never had any problems with water in the boot personally. The boot lip is pretty high considering.

Also check the rear lights are not letting water in and that the foam backing is properly attached. If its not pushed over all the bits sticking out from the back of the light, the light can sit unevenly.

FYI don't over tighten the plastic nuts? holding the light on as they are a bugger to get off it over tightened!!

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Thread Information