Peugeot 505 STI
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Peugeot 505 STI

Tadpole

Default Peugeot 505 STI

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows where you can get a 505 STI fuel pump relay repaired. I found out my one has stopped working. Managed to run the car by bypassing the relay. I was told you cannot buy them new anymore.
    Thanks for your help

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows where you can get a 505 STI fuel pump relay repaired. I found out my one has stopped working. Managed to run the car by bypassing the relay. I was told you cannot buy them new anymore.
    Thanks for your help
    Bosch now make a series of universal pumps. You buy the pump, then the upper and lower fittings to customise it to the vehicle application. I believe the entire vehicle range can covered by seven pumps and few dozen adaptors.

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/lang...l_Pump_WEB.pdf

The link is above - it's a big file and the Bosch site is quite slow so it will take while to load.

Sorry, should have read the post properly - I assume you mean the tachometric relay -

Bosch 0 280 230 005

Holden Camira JB use them, attached to one bolt of the radiator overflow bottle. Try pick a part or jollys u pull it.

DetaiIs attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by robmac; 28th December 2010 at 09:57 PM.

Default Peugeot 505 STI

Since the inquiry related to a 505 STi which has K-Jet injection and your references seemed to be fo L- Jet injection, I wondered if they are interchangeable, especially since the part No I have is 0280 230 006 not 005?
    Regards
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by TassieExec View Post
    Since the inquiry related to a 505 STi which has K-Jet injection and your references seemed to be fo L- Jet injection, I wondered if they are interchangeable, especially since the part No I have is 0280 230 006 not 005?
    Regards
    Neil
    Reading around the forums both 005 & 006 are interchangeable.

005 has a mounting bracket at right angle to the vertical, where as 006 has the bracket on top AFAIK. There is no electrical difference I'm told.

Try Hayden at Pugwreck;
    http://www.pugwreck.com/

Default Peugeot 505 STI

Thanks for clearing up the confusion, appreciate the helful specifications, the relays may also be available through Petro Ject who I found were a good source for buying bosch components through when I was in Victoria.
    Neil

Thanks for clearing up the confusion, appreciate the helful specifications, the relays may also be available through Petro Ject who I found were a good source for buying bosch components through when I was in Victoria.
    Neil
    Camira tachometric relays at the wreckers cost $3 -$10 depending on the dude who serves me.

I can see that a new Bosch relay won't leave much change from $80. Well worth the $1 entry fee IMHO.

The cost was my concern, yes Petroject are good for bosch parts.

Default Peugeot 505 STI

Thanks for further information on the camira tachometric relays, at those prices I can certainly understand your reason for suggesting them, although I guess to some extent it depends on finances at the time, because as always when buying second hand you don't know how long it will last, particurlarly with relays like these. On the other hand when new, although dearer they last a very long time. To clarify something in regard to the camira relays, do they just plug straight in to the existing base or do you have to, as one of your previous posts infers(get base and wires) need to replace the base?
    Thanks
    Neil

Thanks for further information on the camira tachometric relays, at those prices I can certainly understand your reason for suggesting them, although I guess to some extent it depends on finances at the time, because as always when buying second hand you don't know how long it will last, particurlarly with relays like these. On the other hand when new, although dearer they last a very long time. To clarify something in regard to the camira relays, do they just plug straight in to the existing base or do you have to, as one of your previous posts infers(get base and wires) need to replace the base?
    Thanks
    Neil
    I believe they are pin for pin replacement. The only difference being the mounting lugs.

The pdf was part of an article I wrote for another forum about using a tachometric relay to switch an electric fuel pump added as modification to a carby engine. The relay was used to switch the kettring ignition system as well. I "borrowed" the majority of the text from another website.

You also use an LPG cutoff controller, but if you are switching injection electrics and fuel pump you need an additional relay because of the higher load current than the cut off can switch.

Thread Information