Did the RT3 head unit come to Australia?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Did the RT3 head unit come to Australia?

Hi Everyone. I was curious to see if the RT3 head unit came to Australia? They seem to be available on the OS models of the 206. I will provide a pic for those who are not sure.

If they were sold in Oz it may be hard to track one down. Even then It may be hard to fit one to my 206 gti 180 (multiplexed). But if its not so hard, then it sure would look good on the dash board. I find some of the aftermarket head units, while sounding great, often dont match the look of the 206's dash. They stick out like a sore thumb. This would be a great look.
    Cheers for any help.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by KK Puggy View Post
    Hi Everyone. I was curious to see if the RT3 head unit came to Australia? They seem to be available on the OS models of the 206.
    The RT3 was available locally in the 407, 307 and 308 if you chose the sat nav option. Very few people did, AFAIK. The picture you posted is actually a screen, not the RT3 unit, but I get the drift.

I'd hazard a guess that the screen in the 407, 307 and 308 are all different to the 206 screen option you posted. I'm not even convinced that that particular screen installation is a factory option - perhaps on the 206+ ?
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger

The RT3 was sold on some Citroen's too - standard in early C6 and optional on some other models. The RT4 is better as it has a hard drive. You can't mix RT3 and Rt4 screens and head units as they communicate differently. If you just want navigation and it's not in the car already, it's simpler and a lot cheaper to get a TomTom or similar.

Hey all thanks for the help. I guess that my goal was to have a system that had a dashboard screen (for sat nav etc), worked with my steering wheel stalk, was compatible with an iphone, and doesnt look out of place in the dash board . I guess I also wanted it to display the stuff like fuel consumption and radio station like it does now. I think so many after market system make you compromise on one of those.
    Not sure if such a compromise exists, i would be interested to hear if it did.

Thread Information