peugeot 306 heater replacement (?)
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default peugeot 306 heater replacement (?)

Hello all,

The 306 has developed a pool of water in the passenger footwell. Further investigation revealed dripping water from the back plastic heater box, in one location from the frront right hand side. However, the water is cold, clear and has no smell...if it was the heater wouldn't it be coolant, and as such be sweet-smelling, warm and green? In addition I drilled some small holes into the back casing, towards the bottom; no water dripped out. I am really, really hoping that it is just the windscreen sealing gone, for the heater is a dashboard out job.......any thoughts?

C.

Advertisement

Default 306 heater

just a thought there is a plastic hose which removes condenation from the air con it is probably blocked.

KC MI16

Tadpole

yes spoke with the peugeot garage this morning; the hose was a little blocked due to the very muddy motorkhana i was in recently....

Default door seal?

The aircon hose sound likely...

It is also possible for water to drip into the passenger's footwell in the door seal is snagged or damaged.

I had this experience a few years ago... rainwater actually working its' way over the lip because the seal under the door was worn.... I actually thought it was a heater core, then the air con, and finally one day sat on the floor of the car during a rainstorm and watched it dribble in........ Boy that is one afternoon I could have spent doing something more thrilling!!!!!

Just one possibility to include in your investigations.
    Current Beasts:
    '89 405 Mi16
    '98 406 ST TD Wagon
    '90 405 MI16
    '67 Morris Mini

Recent Pugs..
    '94 306 XR
    '01 306 XT
    '98 306 XT

Thread Information