where to buy and fit CAMS in Sydney
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default where to buy and fit CAMS in Sydney

Hi everyone,

Advertisement

I want to now fit a fast road cam. Who or where do you recommend i get one? and what should I expect from gains and price?

car is a 306 xsi 2.0 single cam

Fellow Frogger!

The going price seems to be about $400-600 for a new cam online. You can purchase these from the UK and have them shipped to you. Alternatively you can buy them locally, but they'd have to be ordered for you, as I doubt anybody keeps them in stock. So far Autoparis is the Australian importer of Peugeot performance parts like those that I've found. Installation isn't meant to be too tricky, but tuning it so the car runs properly is a bit harder. To get all the performance out of it you'd need a piggy back ECU, and if you're going to do that you might as well build/buy a cold air system and upgrade to a larger throttle body (with adaptor tube).

Default Peugeot Cams

Have you tried PeterT ?

http://www.taylor-eng.com/index.html
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

Fellow Frogger!

Better off selling taht car and getting an S16 or GTi-6.
    1992 205 Si
    Current: shortened diff (4.4), short shifter, group N top mounts, rebuilt engine and box, solid engine mounts, 1.75" exhaust, strut brace, OMP wheel, GTI suspension & subframe front and rear, lowered 30mm front and rear, solid rear bush, Koni yellows, 306 XT front discs and calipers, ADR compliant braided brake lines, 14" rallye wheels, Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec tyres, immobiliser

Fellow Frogger!

what's a fast road cam? Is it any good on a slow road? Is it only for fast drivers, or can slow drivers have one too? Or would slow drivers be unable to handle the raw power of the XSi thus equipped?

This is gripping stuff. I can hardly wait for the next post.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tcusack View Post
    what's a fast road cam? Is it any good on a slow road? Is it only for fast drivers, or can slow drivers have one too? Or would slow drivers be unable to handle the raw power of the XSi thus equipped?

This is gripping stuff. I can hardly wait for the next post.

Tim
    Hahahahahahaha. Your posts used to p*ss me off Tim but I see there relevance now..... And what is a fast road cam? LOL. Awesome.

Its fairly safe to say that the gains would not be worth costs involved. You would be better selling your XSi and getting a S16. Unless you have done other mods, a "fast road cam" wont be much good on its on.

As a general rule, the hotter the cam, the less road friendly it will be (more revs needed).

Goodluck,

Chris.

PS - How was that Tim?

Thread Information