307 audio system
  • Register
  • Help

Default 307 audio system

The standard audio system in my 307 is rather abissmal. I am thinking of upgrading it to something useable but as it seems to be very much integrated into the cars computer system, I am thinking this might be bigger than Ben Hur. Has anyone had any experience with upgrading sound systems in late model Peugeots?

Advertisement

2011 Peugeot 207 HDi Touring Outdoor

2004 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 Manual.

Past: 1953 Thames 100E van, 1966 Austin 1800, 1972 XA Falcon V8, 1973 Peugeot 504,
    1984 Mitsubishi Colt, Holden HX Kingswood, 1983 Toyota Corolla XX, 1988 Toyota Corolla 4WD, 2007 Peugeot 307XSE. + various company Falcauriodores.

Next: 2007 Peugeot 407HDi Coupe

There was a thread about this before but no doubt it's gone...

You can buy adapter kits for certain head decks to retain headsup displays and steering wheel controls. There is a kit for the clarion head deck we have and some phillips and alpine units. They are typically around the 100 euro mark tho if i remember correctly.

Fellow Frogger!

Depending on how much money, and what outcome you would like, there are good options for leaving the existing head unit, and intercepting the audio signal from it, before sending to the amps etc.

Have a look at Audison BitOne, and JBL MS8 for really good processors.

These work best if you already have a line in or USB input for an iPod or similar with the current headunit.

for the love of peugeot HANG ONTO THE ORIGINAL HEAD UNIT!!!! otherwise you could be staring at a blinking clock for the rest of your days i see this all too often. not so bad on the 307 with the old style multifunction display with clock adjust next to the screen. just the RD4 etc

We don't have a blinking clock on our 307... We just don't have the steering wheel controls functional or the radio station info on the headsup display. Clock, trip meter/fuel usage things/etc... All still work

the steering wheel functions can work with a $80 cable off ebay

Thread Information