Peugeot 308: how to fix the worst cup holder in the world
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Peugeot 308: how to fix the worst cup holder in the world

I has my pergeot 308 sportium wagon a few hours and went to get take away and found out the 308 wagon has the worst cup holders. So i looked online and found this fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DACddKdONkk

I made my taller out of a DVD case and it works very well.

Advertisement

Default What a relief!

Hi Krankn,

many thanks for this! I have a Sportium too and love it. bu tI never use the cupholders for the reason shown in the YouTube clip.

Don't know what it is about cup holders in PSA vehicles - do the French not understand what they are for?

I'd argue though that "worst in the world" is not entirely true - the ones in my C5 seemed shallower than those in my 308, and narrower, making them too small for all but the smallest coffee/drink cups, but they would then fall over if you attempted driving.

Worst still is the new-bodied C5, which has a single cupholder in the front, in the lidded storage bin between the seats. The bin serves as a storage place for CD cases, so you must empty it prior to using the cupholder, and I think it is just the right height to crush a large-size McDonald's drink cup if the lid should fall down or your passenger closed it to rest his/her elbow on.

Cheers,

Michael P

at least you have cup holders...!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Mick View Post
    Don't know what it is about cup holders in PSA vehicles - do the French not understand what they are for?
    Quote Originally Posted by brendun View Post
    at least you have cup holders...!
    Exactly! "We need coin holders" "what about cup holders" "with the way this car grips, they would just be annoying" I think that's why my cars don't have cup holders.

Thanks

Hayden

Fellow Frogger!

Just curious, when was a Fanta bottle a cup?

I remember reading a quote on the subject of cup holders from a designer for Mercedes Benz. When asked why it took so long for Mercedes to bring out a car with cupholders for the American market he replied "We kept hoping they'd stop trying to drink coffee when they were driving."

Probably an urban myth, but it gets the point across nicely I think.

There is cup holders in the C3 but they only hold 330ml cans and bottles.

Yes, at least you got cup holders. Has anybody seen the cup holders in the series 1 BX though? Wish I took a photo of mine when I had it. Quite laughable really, a couple of indentations in the open glovebox lid.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

You should see the cupholders in the Bentley Arnage. It's a flimsy slide out black plastic thing that looks like it should have a gold sticker on the back with the letters CE printed in black. It definitely wasn't what I expected to see.

And no, a Bentley Arnage is not gracing my garage.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]

Icon9 Mugged again.....

At least it has some. I bought a Veyron for myself, and one each for the kids. Only then the guy tells me that I should've bought the Super Sport if I wanted cupholders......

Mike.
    Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by ajpolden View Post
    Yes, at least you got cup holders. Has anybody seen the cup holders in the series 1 BX though? Wish I took a photo of mine when I had it. Quite laughable really, a couple of indentations in the open glovebox lid.
    Ditto for a W126 Merc.

In all honesty you shouldn't be drinking anything but water when driving, and that can go on the floor or passenger seat in a bottle.
    1992 205 Si
    Current: shortened diff (4.4), short shifter, group N top mounts, rebuilt engine and box, solid engine mounts, 1.75" exhaust, strut brace, OMP wheel, GTI suspension & subframe front and rear, lowered 30mm front and rear, solid rear bush, Koni yellows, 306 XT front discs and calipers, ADR compliant braided brake lines, 14" rallye wheels, Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec tyres, immobiliser

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    In all honesty you shouldn't be drinking anything but water when driving, and that can go on the floor or passenger seat in a bottle.
    I couldn't drink bottled water - it doesn't have enough fluoride in it.

We need tap holders!
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Default Short, but true story about poor cup holders...

My old Ford Courier had a pathetic cup holder so it never got used but there was a problem...I had this habit of taking a steaming hot ceramic cup full of black coffee to drink while driving to work. So the coffee cup would reside on top of the centre arch between the bench seat and the gear shift no problem.

So my small terrier type dog goes where I go and sits in the passenger seat no dramas. I stopped to go into a convenience store and left coffee and dog alone for a while.

When I returned there were three little hard dog turds on my drivers seat, no problem, a dog does what a dog has to do, I just found a peice of paper and removed them didn't I..

Driving along drinking coffee and realised it tasted a bit odd and had the texture of a soggy biscuit in the bottom of the cup, only trouble was I had not been eating any biscuits that day........ah! dirty bastard.

After I finished throwing up on my car door I realised I had been drinking dog s**t flavoured coffee. Yeeuk! Let me tell you dog s**t tastes just like it smells.

There is a moral to this story...Forget about cup holders and forget about drinking anything while driving and forget about ever trusting mans best friend.

Oh dear. That just isn't funny is it.

Nope, it's f***ing hilarious.

Mike.
    Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by ajpolden View Post
    If you open the C3 glovebox you will see the same indentations to hold cups. The issue is that when you open the glovebox to use them all the stuff flies out and you can sit wit your legs in a comfortable position.

Fellow Frogger!

The french have small cup holders because they only drink coffee and 330mL cans.

My 206 has cup holders moulded in the door pockets, so as long as your wallet doesn't slide under where the cup goes, you can fit a small McDonalds cup, can, energy drink can, 1L Nightowl Slurpie cup, 1L Coffee Breaka... Also has 2 shallow cup holders in the glove box for the Sundes when you get 2 stunner deals from HJs.

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    I couldn't drink bottled water - it doesn't have enough fluoride in it.

We need tap holders!
    I couldn't drink water, it doesn't have enough caffeine in it. We need 500mL can holders!

I once had a hot Wicked energy drink sitting sideways in my door pocket cup holder, and tried to lift it past the hook shapes. The can was punctured by the plastic door pocket and sprayed pressurized energy drink all over my leather steering wheel and seats :O. One downside to my nice 4 front cup holders.

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    My old Ford Courier had a pathetic cup holder so it never got used but there was a problem...I had this habit of taking a steaming hot ceramic cup full of black coffee to drink while driving to work. So the coffee cup would reside on top of the centre arch between the bench seat and the gear shift no problem.

So my small terrier type dog goes where I go and sits in the passenger seat no dramas. I stopped to go into a convenience store and left coffee and dog alone for a while.

When I returned there were three little hard dog turds on my drivers seat, no problem, a dog does what a dog has to do, I just found a peice of paper and removed them didn't I..

Driving along drinking coffee and realised it tasted a bit odd and had the texture of a soggy biscuit in the bottom of the cup, only trouble was I had not been eating any biscuits that day........ah! dirty bastard.

After I finished throwing up on my car door I realised I had been drinking dog s**t flavoured coffee. Yeeuk! Let me tell you dog s**t tastes just like it smells.

There is a moral to this story...Forget about cup holders and forget about drinking anything while driving and forget about ever trusting mans best friend.

Now THAT is GOLD!!!!

2011 Peugeot 207 HDi Touring Outdoor

2004 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 Manual.

Past: 1953 Thames 100E van, 1966 Austin 1800, 1972 XA Falcon V8, 1973 Peugeot 504,
    1984 Mitsubishi Colt, Holden HX Kingswood, 1983 Toyota Corolla XX, 1988 Toyota Corolla 4WD, 2007 Peugeot 307XSE. + various company Falcauriodores.

Next: 2007 Peugeot 407HDi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Now THAT is GOLD!!!!

And believe it or not the dog survived the day.

Default _hit aye!

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post

You will be pleased to know that 605s do not have cup holders.
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

"Be reasonable do it my way!"

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Blufires View Post
    My 206 has cup holders moulded in the door pockets, so as long as your wallet doesn't slide under where the cup goes, you can fit a small McDonalds cup, can, energy drink can, 1L Nightowl Slurpie cup, 1L Coffee Breaka... Also has 2 shallow cup holders in the glove box for the Sundes when you get 2 stunner deals from HJs.
    When I first got my 206, it took me a few minutes to work out that's where the cup holders were. Stealth cup holders! They do work surprisingly well for things that fit, but lot's of things they are quite useless for, for example any kind of tapered cup with a press on lid (maccas, coffee etc), too easy to mash the cup or pop the lid on retrieval, and the cups don't sit well because the door side of the cup holder goes straight up rather than tapering out a little to allow the cup to sit well.

However since the wall of the door pocket flexes just the right amount, they do take 1.5 litre softdrink/water bottles quite well and don't let go of them even in the twisties.
    1992 405 SRI 1.9lt White Series I
    2001 206 GTi 2.0lt Diablo Red

Thread Information