Where did your Peugeot passion begin?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where did your Peugeot passion begin?

Default When/where did your Peugeot passion begin?

Mine started when I was about 20 years old. I had a couple of years experience with the VW Beetles but got a few scares with a couple of close calls on country roads. I decided I wanted something that held the road better and felt safer. A friend who was an engineering student recommended Peugeot. He had a 203 (and also a Bristol that he was restoring). He ran a part time mechanics business and was restoring a 404 wagon. He said if I was interested he would do a better job of fixing it up. I only had trust to go on, I went round to the workshop and saw this thing all in bits all over the garage and had to say yes or no in that state, no test drive. I had some experience with a 403 and was impressed with how that handled the road. I said yes to the 404 and never looked back. It lasted me a good twelve years, many country kms with a trips to places like Alice via the Oodnadatta track and Queensland. Rust eventually put it off the road, the engine was still going strong. I loved that car.

Having such a good experience with that one I bought a 504 wagon next, that one lasted 15 years! I loved that car. Rust put both of them off the road in the end. Other than that I always looked after my Peugeots and followed what my engineering friend said about the maintenance. I always got the grease and oils done by the recommended km and often did it myself. I used to manage quite a bit of work myself and my dear mechanic for many years then; the noble Bruce Taylor used to teach me how to do a lot of things myself. The older ones were easier to work on I must say. I tried to treat the rust myself too but don’t think I knew enough back then and may have locked in some of it (hence sped up the process) by my shonky inexperienced work.

Now I have a 505 wagon, not very imaginative am I!!! It took me a while to get to like it as much as the earlier ones but heck it has been the most reliable so far and that is saying a lot given how reliable the others were.

Advertisement

I might add that back in those days when I got the 404 all my friends had Peugeots and a couple also had Citroën DS's. We were mostly Swinburne students and lived in a big shared student house in Camberwell. When we had dinner parties there would often be something like 15 Peugeots, 203's, 403's 404's parked out the front. No one could afford a 505 on our student incomes back in those days.

My story; if you’d like to share yours - I, and I guess many others might like to hear it……

I'll include a pic or two of the older ones: Also included is a friend's 403 that I shared many country kms with. She was beaut on the dirt roads that we often travelled to Gaffney's Creek, back in the days before the old general store and the pub burnt down:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where did your Peugeot passion begin?-504-404.jpg   Where did your Peugeot passion begin?-my-504-wagon.jpg   Where did your Peugeot passion begin?-alexs-403.jpg  
    Last edited by okalford; 5th December 2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: details
    '66 404 Wagon
    '78 504 Wagon
    '89 505 GTI S II Familiale

I'm one of those weird people that can say I have absolutely no idea why. The first Peugeot I drove/rode in/probably even the first I sat in was my 505, the 505 was also my first registered car.

I have always really liked them and I have no idea why, just do. When I was little I had 2 identical 405 T16 matchbox cars, they were my favourites, maybe that was it, I didn't really know they were until a few years ago though. I also had a 206 in Granturismo 3, I spent most of my child hood playing that game, driving that car, hopefully that wasn't it.

And here I am, a young guy (still in school) with 2 505s and a 403, I can't tell you why though.

Thanks

Hayden

Tadpole

I can remember when I was about 6 and living temporarily with an aunt that she owned a Peugeot and I felt extraordinarily privileged that she would let me reach over and flick the indicator for her in town (before you get on your high horse, this was back in the very early 70's, when rules were more relaxed than at present). But I really fell in love when I got to drive a brand new GTi6 in 1998, and I subsequently purchased that car from the owner's widow in 2000 and have owned it ever since. Instant love, a wonderful thing.
    Clarky, the member formerly known as Simple Simon

GTi6 and 207GTi, or is it 207GTi and GTi6?

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

My Peugeot passion started when I drove one. An immaculate 504. I then bought a 505, then a 405 before coming back to the model that started it all. I'd never be without one now.
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

I have always liked the way that Pugs looked, even back to the 505. When I was a cash less student I was driving past Nambour Peugeot with my folks. We stopped to have a look. The salesman asked me if I wanted a test drive, I told him straight up that I didnt have any money for a car, but he said dont worry, have a drive anyway.

He chose a bog standard 306 8 valve and took it and me for a drive around the backroads of Nambour. I had never seen a car handle like that. When it was my turn to drive he was telling me to corner faster, but I couldnt stand the thought of wrecking the car. It ws that point I was really converted to these cars. I have owned a 306 style , and currently have a 206 gti180.

Fellow Frogger!

student
    Peugeot 305 diesel
    £125
    348,000 miles
    49bhp (XID not XUD) and lots of rust
    man I had such a lot of fun with that thing

Mine started before I was even born I think as I went to the hospital (to be delivered) in the 504
    I always had a thing for that car and when we traveled I used to sit on the rear armrest to see the road. More than 14 years later, I started driving it and decided that it is staying till the day I die.
    Then, when we got the 605, it was a dream at the back seat, it was like a playground to me as a child. Later, we got the 405 which I frankly did not like until I drove it for the first time in 2008, brilliant car really.
    Last edited by Doush_504; 22nd December 2010 at 06:46 AM.
    Chadi

1982 504 SR white manual sedan with A/C (257 000 Km)
    2012 308 1.6 VTi Vapor Grey manual H/B (35000 Km)
    1994 405 1.6 white manual sedan (208 000 Km)
    1992 605 SV24 (91 000 Km)
    2005 406 2.0L automatic (Replaced with a 2013 C5)
    1983 505 GR white manual sedan with A/C (170000 Km)

All since new

My Dad bought a new 404 KF2 Injection sedan in 1966 in Montréal Québec. It was a great car, bronze metallic, tan leather, went like hell. I was six years old.

Since that day in 1966, our family has owned at least one Peugeot and I have personally owned one continuously since I was 20, that's more than 30 years now.

I am a recent convert to Peugeots. We took a new (1995) 306 XT for a test drive in 1996 and I was hooked. It became my mother's car and we owned it for 14 years. It remains in the Peugeot Family, having been sold to a friend in Canberra.

Having been so impressed with the comfort and brilliant road manners of the 1995 306 XT, I subsequently purchased a new 306 XT in 1997. I owned that car for 10 years, trading it in on a new 307 XSE in 2007.

The 307 XSE has proved itself to also be a brilliant, totally reliable & comfortable car.

The 306 remains the sentimental favourite, however
    2007 Peugeot 307 XSE

My time with Peugeot began while reading the ads in the glossy US magazines in the '60's.
    Then I was lucky to see both 403 and 404 Peugeots on the deck of the French Navy training ship "Joan d Arc" at Fremantle. That was the decider for me.
    My French car interest had been a succession of Simcas followed later by a Holden EJ wagon then an HD Premier with X2 motor.
    I traded the Premier on a new '69 404 from Maison Motors. Sadly this suffered from rust problems very early in its life, both buttress panels rotted through .
    I moved this on sadly then drove around in a nice old Austin Cambridge wagon until I spotted a 1970 504 1800 sedan.
    This served us well for a few years then I got sucked in by a '74 Volvo 144. Kept it for a short time, the hp payments got me down, they weren't a lot and I've never entered into those arrangements since.

Fortunately a nice white '70 404 came up cheap. A tidy up had me back in a reliable car again.
    A trip to the UK had me selling this one. [Should have stored it for the two years we were away. Oh well].
    On our return I bought our, favourite to be, teal blue ex Rhodesian '73 404.
    Had it resprayed in blue enamel and enjoyed it for 16 years.

My current 504 GL auto appeared on the scene advertised for $3000.
    A '79 model with an incredible 42000ks up! 12 years on it's only done 110000ks .
    Unfortunately owning both "Old Blu" and the 504 one had to go.
    I sold the 404 for much more than I paid for the 504. Still it was a sad day to see "Blu" being driven away.

In the intervening years between the Peugeots mentioned I owned and carried out rolling restorations on an Eiffel Grey '66 404 and later a Barrossa Red '70 404. I had no trouble selling them, well you don't do you?
    Last edited by Wildebeest; 6th December 2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: stuff

ade
    Fellow Frogger!

Default My reason ...

My reason was purely clinical. Me and my brother use to be a regular reader of practical classic car mags back in the late 80's / early 90's. When it came to deciding on a car I went through them systematically and wayed it all up - capital cost, running cost, sophistication, ease of maintenance etc. In my opinion the 504 came out on top. It really is a good all-round without excelling in any one thing, but doing a few things really well (durability, ease of maintenance etc). And to be honest, except for the 505, Peugeots just don't interest me. Got to respect the 404 403 etc though. The FWD? as forgettable as any other modern car.

1000+ Posts

When I was twenty I needed a car and saw a pink 403 for $250 in a car yard. My girlfriend at the time was enthusiastic so we bought it. Some old guy had traded it in and it had a slipping clutch, but otherwise seemed in amazing condition.
    I drove it for a year before changing the clutch, a job I did with a mate who had a 403 wagon. He knew a bit about pugs so we did a reciprocal arrangement where he helped me and I helped him as he also had a slipping clutch. I think he got the better part of the deal, as the wagon was so much harder to work on.
    But I kept driving that one for a few years until I found another that I fixed up.
    They were addictive but I had a sojourn with a Rover which was a bad mistake.
    However a few years later I found an old rusty grey 403 in a paddock which I was allowed to have, so I took it home and got it going and registered for around $500. That was in 1979, when many things were available and cheap. I drove that beastie to Sydney where I had it for a few years, then moving to a 404 and then a 504.
    However I then had a move to the dark side with a Toyota Hiace which I ran as a courier van for a couple of years. But being of weak will I had to buy a 404 that was cheap, but unregistered and in need of a motor. Soon after that I found a smashed one that was registered with good motor so there was a melding.
    But alas I then regressed and had an affair with another Rover, this time a 2000 which I drove for several years.
    Still, the pug bug was with me and I scored a nice 504 diesel. This got me about in my remote existence, through 4wd country for a number of years and I supplemented it with another almost the same.
    Then came the 505GTi which I thought the most beautiful and the fastest thing I'd ever had.
    But eventually it succumbed to my huge mileage tolls and I went to a 406. This is my current daily driver and I love it to bits. But as usual I couldn't help myself so when I was offered a spare 406 for $1100 with a blown engine I couldn't resist. Then of course Demannu had the right engine for it which is now sitting on my garage floor, waiting for the installation.
    It will have to wait however till the 203 has been repainted. Then I suspect that I will lose interest entirely in modern cars and use that beautiful 203 as my everywhere car.
    Peugeot passion you say?????

Great thread. I got into Pugs because at the age of 19 in 1987 I needed a car to get to work in Sydney (shift work). I looked at the ads for a range of cars in the local paper around the $4k mark which included an early Monaro, a Mazda 626 and of course the Pug. I rang the ad for the Pug and it turned out to be owned by an old school teacher of mine. I went and had a look and during the test drive, I managed to hit and kill a little dog that ran out onto the road. I felt so guilty that I bought the car! It was a South African avocado green 504 manual with the French seats. Those seats were so good. The body was so bad. It had a heap of rust that had been covered up with bog. Anyway, it was such a comfortable car but I ended up replacing lots of bits including the engine, clutch, alternator, brake hoses, and gave it a full respray. I sold it and got into Lancias, Audis, VW Passats and a Fiat, eventually returning to 504s, 505s and 405s years later. I've had a bunch of them. I now have 2 registered 505s (STI and GTI), my two sons have 405 SRis and my head and heart are playing silly buggers and want to get another 504. Trouble is, I also have 3 or 4 Lancias that I muck around with. Too many cars. The 504 is my favourite model though so I will get one again once the bulk of the others are moved on or finished with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where did your Peugeot passion begin?-21052010274.jpg  

Default European cars are just better built....

In the late 80's, I have a couple of girlfriends - well a few more than that, but you people don't care about that topic - who's parents had European cars. Specifically an Alfa Sud and a Peugeot 505. As a 19 year old, I got to drive both. I fell in love with these cars. A friend's mum had a 205 and I also had friends who drove Renault 12 and 16s.

I drove a Morris mini - which I still have and will never sell. It is currently being restored.

In the mid '90s I had the chance to walk into a new car dealer and buy something other than an old bomb.... And French cars were amongst the first I went to look at. In fact we were looking for a 'new' equivalent of a 205.

I tried one of the then just arrived in OZ 306s and bought it.... And from then on their has been a PUG in the family ever since.

So now I have a series 1 405Mi16 as an ever day driver, my wife has a newer 306 as hers. I have a 'family car' 406 with a engine getting sorted.... When the 406 is going again, the 405 is going to be retired and 'restored' - not much to do - and turned into a club car. I love to be driving the 405 to club events in 30 years..... it will get the sort of looks my mini now does.....

I have never owned a Falcon or Commodore and think that 90% of drivers just don't think that other cars can be better to drive/own.... I could have bought a 5 year old Commodore for the same as what I recently bought my 1989 model 405Mi16 for..... And lots of people I know still think I am mad for refusing to....

Still I do have a not-so-hidden lust for an '80s Alfa GTV or Austin Healey Sprite Mk1..... of a 407 coupe......
    Current Beasts:
    '89 405 Mi16
    '98 406 ST TD Wagon
    '90 405 MI16
    '67 Morris Mini

Recent Pugs..
    '94 306 XR
    '01 306 XT
    '98 306 XT

My first car was a 306 xt auto 1998. After a year I traded up for a 1997 gti6 which I've had for over 2 years and love the look and styling for the price.
    In the future I may consider a 407 coupe, however I may be moving on from my gti6 to a Alfa 156 in the next year. Will be hard to say goodbye.
    When I'm a millionaire I will have a ferrari, lambo, then a gti6 in the garage for every now and then

Icon6

G'day,
    I had a 1981 Golf gti, fully imported from England, To their credit, VW were able to supply the full manufacturing and delivery history. The ignition/key assembly failed, so I obtained a new one from the VW place in Pendle Hill. The car was parked on the street outside my house. I am in the middle house of three, [short street]. One morning a Ford came around the corner at approx 60 to 70 kph,police estimate, [50 kph zone] and front ended my beloved golf. The car was parked in first gear with the hand brake on. This clown managed to move the car about one and a half metres and damage my daughter's car in my driveway, thankfully missing her and her just born son. His big mistake was trying to dismiss my darling wife, "I am not staying here, I am too busy". [I was at work]. She rang the police, he was charged, I received full payout from Shannons. The car was a write off. I started looking for a replacement. Trivett at Parramatta had a demo 180, and the rest is history. Still have it, still enthusiastic, just love putting the foot down. Life begins at 3500 rpm.
    regards

Les W
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

What a great thread!

First Pug was a 69 404. A mate a Uni had a 404 wagon and I thought it was so cool. Also knew a bloke who a 404 wagon when I was a teenager and thought that looked great too. So, after getting first real job, buying a 404 seemed only natural. God what a car. Comfy, great design, handled like a dream and so easy to work on. Trips to Queensland, etc, I was a Pug addict for good.

Met my partner, who was driving a 203 and owned a 504. So it went on from there. Two children (both trips to hospital birth in the 505), one into things Japanese, the other had a 205, now has a 504. Thank god somethings rub off!
    Andy

Current:
    Peugeot 508 Allure HDI 2012
    Previous:
    Peugeot 404 1969
    Peugeot 504 1970
    Peugeot 505 1983
    Peugeot 306 1999
    Peugeot 406 SV 2003

Just to bring a bit of balance to the thread (!), I'll detail my obsession with French cars, not just Pugs, although they loom large in the legend.

When I was growing up in the 50's and 60's a neighbour, who liked to drive something different, came home with a brand new Citroen ID19. I was hooked at a tender age.

Our family always had Golden 'Oldens, and for reasons of poverty I started my motoring in an Austin A30 and graduated to a Mini. As the poverty lessened slightly I invested in a 1964 MGB which threatened to send me bankrupt, even though it was a great thing to drive. The "B" was swapped for a Fiat 850 Sport coupe.

Between obtaining the Fiat and my first Frog, I was exposed to French cars via a flatmate's hotted up Renault 12. I remember being astounded at how well it drove and handled.

When I spied a clean Renault 16TS in a yard, it happened to coincide with (a) having a few quid spare and (b) the Fiat playing the blues.

French cars were, to me, in three levels. Renaults were practical mainly because they were fairly plentiful and affordable. I loved 404's for their quirkiness, but never aspired to one. When the 504 came out I was smitten with the shape and specification, but being still impoverished couldn't comtemplate buying one. Citroens were always a distant dream and admired from afar, but still lusted after.

A series of French cars filled the next decade or so, R16, R12 wagon and then the realisation of a dream finally when I got my first DS23. With a genuine 300K on the clock, it was still magnificent, but as a family car it didn't quite make the grade with Mrs P who put up with it (barely) but hated driving it. The DS was (reluctantly, but it wasn't practical to keep it) replaced by a 504 which came from the shabby end of the street. It had the best part of 300K miles on it, but it drove beautifully, even if it looked a bit seedy.

We used to look longingly at 504 Familiales but they were just out of reach, paradoxically because of the needs of a growing family, which also needed a bigger car. A 604 won our hearts for a while, but it was incredibly thirsty and not really comfortable for three growing boys in the back. (Possibly the best steel sprung car I've ever ridden in though! It was right up there with the DS for smooth. And that engine note, wow. If you closed your eyes you could imagine it to be a Dino!)

Fortunately, a slightly shabby, but very sound, 504 Familiale came our way at an affordable price and this was a much loved family member for over 12 years. This car did everything asked of it. We covered large parts of coastal Australia, and as the boys grew it carried loads of Cubs and Scouts to bush adventures, usually with a tonne of trailer behind. Once the boys were old enough to compete in the Mini (family race car project) the Pug was pressed in to service as a transporter to the mmore distant events (like Hay in NSW every year). It gradually became the first wheels for eldest son, who thrashed it unmercifully until he built his own 504 Ti to play with. All of the boys learned to drive in the 504 and the Mini. One hell of a difference really, but it made them adaptable drivers at least.

In the meantime the 504 wagon was joined by a succession of two 505 Familiale wagons, an '83 then a '92. Both fantastic workhorses and favourites with Mrs P and the boys alike.

The old 504 eventually became a bit like a well loved family pet, rusty and wearing out. It was with a tear in the eye that we dismantled what was left and reverently consigned the old beast to a warrior's grave at Mr Sims House of Reborn Metal.

The Boys all inherited the insanity, between them having a couple of 505's, a brace of 205's, a 306 Gti6 and a BX 16 valve. Daughter in law now tootles around in a 307 Touring as well. Eldest son still has his old Ti and it's heading for another renaissance soon after a sort of retirement while a young hussy 205 commanded attention. (And youngest son is a Mini Nut, can't imagine where he caught that from!)

Mrs P was finally weaned (not unwillingly) away from the 505 Wagon into a lovely 306 XT. She is fiercely protective of it, and I suspect will never want to update, and who could blame her? She occasionally drives the Xantia wagon if a load of stuff needs transport, but Aleria is hers alone!

Incidentally, the 505 wagon is still going in the hands of a friend, now with over 450K on the clock and the engine's never been separated! A Good Thing.

Now I have the luxury of being able to have a toy or two, and the current DS (Moby Dick) was the re-fulfillment of the dream, but slightly more practically than the DS23. Another dream may yet be realised if I latch on to a 2CV, but that's another story.

So to get back to the essence of the thread, while not obsessed by Peugeots, they've played a large part in the life of our family. Not because they're pretty (although the 306 is one of the best looking small cars ever I reckon) but because they've been incredibly reliable and practical.

If I have an obsession, it's with French cars in general (But I still love my Mini at least as much, for different reasons, but that's another story!)

Cheers, Pottsy

PS: Paulrb, don't bother restoring the Brick. Life's too short. Get the mechanicals up to scratch and drive it in all sorts of Club motorsport like wot I do. It keeps me young!
    okalford likes this.
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

2018 C3 Shine ("Oscar" Mrs P's)
    1974 D Special Manual Sedan ("Moby Dick")
    2006 C5 HDI Wagon Auto ("Mephistopheles")
    1982 2CV6 ("Gaston") Seasoned traveller
    1975 GS Pallas ("GiSelle") Current project
    And for Fun, 1968 Mini Deluxe ("The R & D'luxe" 1078cc, Grin Factor 100!)

Default My boss ...

I went to work at a BP Service Station in MELB near the Calder Raceway (BP Oakbank - not there now) in around 1976 or 7. That was truck drag time and Moffat was big.

My boss had a Porshe 911, a HG Holden ute, a 404 PNG import sedan and a 203C sedan. He told stories about what the 404 and the 203 had done that got my interest.

The 203C had a 403 motor, 13 x 6 holden rims with Peugeot centres, an early speedo to correct for the smaller rims, floor shift, lots of other stuff...

The opportunity came up to buy a 203C and that was it, hooked. Drove that car for 13 years till I moved into a Drummond Street Carlton South address without off street parking; sold the 203 to a mate at RMIT (the PR/journo lecturer: Grant Roff).

Until I moved to the Gold Coast I had no space for older cars - now I have a bigger yard and run a 404 ute and a 403 sedan, but still hanker for a 203C ....

friday403

Fellow Frogger!

Well, I got into Peugeot's relatively late in my driving career. I started with a few paddock bashers (a Honda Civic and a 76 escort), then a VG Valiant, complete change to a 4cylinder then - a Datsun 180B. After that back to 6 cylinders - A Commodore VL Turbo ex-pursuit (which got written off after about 3 years), two HJ Kingswoods then a mean HZ (lowered HD suspension, worked 202 with triple su's, extractors), A '92 Toyota Corolla, a '92 Hyundai Lantra, then a 2002 Nissan Pulsar SSS (my gf's actually, but I drove it for 6mth while the Lantra was broken)

Then, I got the 405! A 10 year old '92 model. I still have it now 8 years later (though I've added a 206GTi to the stable).

The thing that got me about the 405, apart from the high class trim level (electric everything, 6 speaker sound, veleour trim) and the brilliant ergonomics of every aspect of the car, was the handling. I was completely astounded at how well the car stuck to the road and went in the direction it was pointed. The suspension setup is just superb. Even today, it's better than many new sports cars on the market. This is where my love affair with Peugeot started.

Another thing that impressed was the power to weight ratio, basically meaning the car is VERY sprightly for it's relatively ordinary 1.9lt SOHC engine. Actually, I still remember, even before realising how well it could handle, on my first test drive noticing how enthusiastically the car accelerated with even slight pedal input, and thinking, "yes, this will do the job"!

Recently when it came time to get a replacement for the 405, I new it had to be another Peugeot.
    1992 405 SRI 1.9lt White Series I
    2001 206 GTi 2.0lt Diablo Red

The first car I remember my Dad having was a 403. He followed that with 3 x 404's and then 3 x 504's. I got my license in his first 504. I used to drive all my mates around in it and they were all so impressed with it they later on bought their own and became Peugeot converts. I used to race all my mates in their Dads cars and could beat all of them, including a Triumph 2500TC, except for my best friends Dads 250ci Falcon. I had him beat in top speed and cornering tho!! I bought my own Pug, a 504, in the mid eighties. My wife loved that car and also became a Pug fan. I recently just bought her a 307 which is my first Pug since 1988. My brother as had a 403, a 404, and a 406. The damn things get in your blood!

Tadpole

I have no particular brand preference; I have liked peugeots just as I have liked renaults, buicks, and hondas. I have owned 2 corollas, a nissan patrol and a mazda 3. I have also restored a 1979 Holden Commodore to factory condition.

I had a 12 month old Mazda 3, at the start of 2010. However work was hard to come by so I sold it. For a pittance. Thanks eBay.....

Anyways, I thought I could use the VB Commodore ('79 model) for commuting to and from uni, a 120km round trip daily commute. But...on the first day of O-week it broke down on return trip.

This confirmed my dad's thoughts that I needed a more reliable/modern/comfortable car for my daily commuting. So with a budget of $5000 we started looking. The car had to be basically in mint condition, a manual, at least a 1.8, and, shall we say, interesting (no hyundais/daewoos etc.), it had to be good to drive.

On carsales.com.au I found a car for sale locally. The young lady who was selling it had just completed the same course I was undertaking (Primary teaching at Charles Sturt Bathust). Upon looking at the service history, it appeared that my yr 7 english teacher was in fact the original owner. That is all I needed to hear. I was meant to have this car. So I paid $4800 for it, 237,000km old but still drove like new.

Since then It has clocked up an extra 13,000km. I have had the following repairs/alterations done to it since then.
    • Timing belt replaced
    • New set of tyres
    • new exhaust, upgraded to 2.5 inch custom system
    • K&N cold air intake
    • Whiteline strut brace
    • Towbar removed
    • Resprayed discoloured plastic trim
    • replaced front shocks with bilstein items
    • new CV boots
    • dashboard lamp bulbs replaced
    • added safety markings, tow points, fire extinguisher and bonnet straps for motorsport
    • Removed hubcaps

So what is the car???
    Andy

Current:
    Peugeot 508 Allure HDI 2012
    Previous:
    Peugeot 404 1969
    Peugeot 504 1970
    Peugeot 505 1983
    Peugeot 306 1999
    Peugeot 406 SV 2003

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

I'm thinking the $5000 budget went out the window!

And what is the car, indeed?
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

Fellow Frogger!

I believe it's the 306 that c2105026 posted to the "Post pics of your Pug" thread.
    1992 405 SRI 1.9lt White Series I
    2001 206 GTi 2.0lt Diablo Red

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information