207/ 307 head unit upgrade
  • Register
  • Help

Default 207/ 307 head unit upgrade

Hey

Was wondering if this would work for the 207? are the wiring looms the same/ steering wheel remote?

only other thing is if the gps/ fm tuner would work here in australia.

Since i got quoted $400 bucks just for the 2 looms to connect a new deck to the car/remote an extra 100 for the deck doesnt seem to bad

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AUTORADIO-DVD...ht_10150wt_907

Advertisement

Tadpole

Did you try emailing the seller to see if it fits?

I have had some first hand experience with these cheap GPS units in VW's... but cant find much info on these being used in any Peugeots.

didnt bother- turns out you dont need the wire loom for the head unit - you can just tap into the wires that are there either inside the plug using a spade or you can just cut in and hard wire it. doesnt really matter.

Also you can get the remote adaptor in ebay for 80 bucks delivered - you just have to make sure you can obtain a head unit with the remote adaptor in the back - mostly its only the more expensive ones that do.

I decided at this point just to stick with the standard head unit and as per other post attach and RCA converter box onto the back L and R speakers enabling it to get to the boot and be used for a sub or amped speakers - i havnt tested the quality on anything but the sub so far and it works fine. Its obviously not as clean as it would be out of a sub output but it does the job and adds just that bit extra more depth into the music.

Thread Information