Bronze gear linkage bushes
  • Register
  • Help

Default Bronze gear linkage bushes

Whilst the dollar is high I have been purchasing a few items for the pug from the the land of Pom! I'm thinking we might as well take their car parts as well as the ashes!

I bought me some bronze gear linkage bushes. Whilst the car is apart waiting for some parts I thought I'd do these to. You can see the plastic ones are shot and were giving a little bit of play. I will hold off putting the gear shifter bushes as this looks like a dash console out job.

The grot that covers everything is from a burst coolant hose (waiting for) and a leaking power steering pump (waiting for).

I also now have 307hdi front brakes, 406 24mm master cylinder and a host of other items to fit. These will be done over the Christmas break

Advertisement

....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

Default Uprated linkages

Good job.

May I suggest whilst you are in there, you replace the shield that clips to the ball joint adjuster that is intended to protect the long gear rod ball from the exhaust. The plastic material within is the only thing that holds the linkage and on is prone to failure leaving you with NO gears. PITA when it happens in traffic as they pop off without warning and getting your hand in there to put it back on will see you cook your hand on the downpipe. Inspect yours carefully and if they are brittle / floppy on the balll links change them.

" UK's source took 6 days at the last order"

Even better is a visit to Miles at Pugracing - he's on that 'other forum'. I can PM you the Ebay link if you can't ind it.. The ones he offers have a full metal system and incorporates two clips per ball joint. I've just done my second 205Gti as the first set was a great success with improved shift as the floppiness on the linkages was reduced. Only downside is you must re lube these at 6 month intervals.

Shiny

Is there a noticeable difference to cabin noise with these solid bushes?????

Jo

Don't forget the ones on the gear leaver itself...

Tadpole

What model pug do you have

@frogcroissant - I have been told my 205 is a 92 series two (rear disc brake) but some also say its a series three.

@DRTDVL - I have the gear leaver bushes as well but its a centre console out job so I will tackle that one next weekend

Jo, I'll let you know if it's any noisier than before but at this stage there has been quite a difference in stick feel.
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

Ive got brass bits in my set up to and there was not any noise difference that I noticed - makes the change much better - good one.
    S3 205 GTI x 4 and getting lower
    1998 S1 Lotus Elise
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

Pug Monkey - I keep forgetting about that, i don't have any interior so for me it's a 2 minute job.

Thread Information