Melbourne Mechanic - Page 5
  • Register
  • Help
Page 5 of 6 First 123456 Last
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Melbourne Mechanic

Ted has retired from Europarts it seems and maybe Fernando has taken it over.
    A member suggest this place in Bayswater
    John Norder Motors 4/35 Power Rd Bayswater 9720 8731 Contact Steve. (suggested by Keith M)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Codman - if the car stalls approaching corners, stop signs, etc, with your foot off the accelerator pedal, check out the electric sensor in the speedo drive housing at the back of the gearbox. The other common stall culprit is the stepper motor and valve on the throttle bypass.
    Inside the GTI6

Not so straight forward sadly

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityJayOne View Post
    Not really a mechanic per se but it's relevant to Peugeots.

Avoid Bob Jane Tmart Prahran. I went there to get my new tyres balanced last month as they were the only place out of about 7 I called that had an adaptor for centreless rims. All was good until I got up to freeway speeds, then the wheel started to vibrate. Today I finally had some time to go elsewhere for a second opinion, Edgar's Tyrepower in Notting Hill (recommendation from a member of the PCC). They said that one wheel didn't have weights at all, and the others were out by as much as 30g. As an entire month has passed I don't like the chances of getting my money back from Bob Jane, but I certainly won't be going there again and neither should you.
    I go to tyresmart in Mount Waverley. Not sure if they can do the centreless rims but worth a call. They use a hunter balancing machine (look it up). Never had a bad balance in my life there. Tyre prices are pretty good, and they will even balance internet purchased tyres and you can get them shipped direct to them.

As a note, Audi in Burwood have the same machine and charge $400 for a full balance ... these guys charge $20 per tyre!!!

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for that, Edgar's have actually left a sour taste in my mouth recently. I needed a rebalance, they said one of the fronts had shifted and needed reseating. He says he flipped it 180° on the rim and did so along with the balance. When I got home I noticed a big circular gouge across two of the spokes, through the plastidip and into the rim itself. Very obviously the work of a machine and not gutter-rash (see pics) but they denied it could've been them. Still good apart from that though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Melbourne Mechanic-img_20150428_161111.jpg   Melbourne Mechanic-img_20150428_161120.jpg   Melbourne Mechanic-img_20150428_161130.jpg  
    2000 306 GTi6 'Josie'

A mechanic in Woodend has been recommended by Sherman and has been added to the list;
    The Garage Unit 1 15 Bowen St Woodend 5427 1060 Adrian Matthews The Garage Woodend - Motor Mechanics

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by pekay49 View Post
    Salman really knows his stuff-not only Pugs bit Range Rovers-has also worked on Cit's -B.M.W's & others.Has done impeccable restoration on cars & looks after some of the nicest Pugs around.
    What a man I put petrol in my diesel 308 wagon DOH He came out and it was like watching a true craftsman at work,he fixed it at my house and got it running perfect after removing every mm of petrol . I have learnt my lesson but was so lucky to come across him to help me Thank you Salman and thank you Aussie Frogs

P.s He even made me a little fitter after two runs of getting diesel on the push bike : )
    Last edited by TerenceM; 31st January 2016 at 08:59 PM. Reason: ggg
    addo likes this.

1000+ Posts

North of City-Some of the guidance is off track but non of us are perfect yet-despite how good we might reckon we are.

I guess it depends on where you actually are -I have known each the 3 owners of Sim's Motors=long time Renault Peugeot service/parts etc. All have been totally trustworthy & ethical.

I have known 'Young Dave' 2 French Connection for yonks-again straight up=_ do not know how much service they need or want at this stage -worth speaking to re. that but always worth contacting if in a pinch and or you need a part or three.

New address for Alpine Affaire.
    See their website:
    Contact Us
    16 Pilgrim Crt, Ringwood (South).
    First (current) Pug: 2009 308 XSE

Im looking for a Pug-knowledgable (AL4) auto transmission mechanic in SE Melb.
    Please post suggestions.
    TIA.
    Last edited by PUGGSLY308; 19th April 2016 at 11:30 PM.

Does anyone have suggestions for maintenance, repairs and upgrades on modified Peugeot's?

maybe
    Alpine Affaire Colin Stark 16 Pilgrim Crt Ringwood South 9874 1394
    Auto Paris Paul Groom 2/51 Lexton Road Box Hill 9890 8822

ara
    Tadpole

Hi,
    i bought a used 307 hatch recently. This is my first Peugeot. Any one can recommend a mechanic near berwick or dandenong to get it service...? Appreciated all advises.

cheers
    ara

There's a list of 'Pug' mechanics in the second post of this thread. You'll find some in Box Hill, Ringwood etc.

For genuine Peugeot service (at a dealer premium), I never found a reason to complain about Booran Euro in Lonsdale Street, out towards Cranbourne Road. Otherwise (assuming you don't mind travelling), you might take a look at Alpine Affaire in Heathmont or Auto Paris in Box Hill -- both good value, both know their stuff.
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

Tadpole

Hi guys for dpf fluid replacement a gent called John will do it at your location in Melbourne for $495.00 inc computer reset
    phone 0433119181 pleas say you are from aussiefrogs
    cheers
    Russ

Fellow Frogger!

I seem to remember, many years ago, visiting Melbourne Radio Parts in Spencer St.
    I can't remember if I was after car related items or something else.
    Has anyone any info on whether they sell useful car related parts?.
    I miss Ryans.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Yes, RIP Ryans but Radio Parts are still in Spencer St and stock alot of stuff, check the web site;
    Radio Parts - Electronics & Components - Electronic Retailer & Wholesaler in Melbourne, Australia: Radio Parts
    For cars it depends what you are looking for - there's also Jaycar;
    https://www.jaycar.com.au

Fellow Frogger!

Jaycar replacing Ryans is a reflection on what the modern car has (sadly?) become - electronic white goods.........for me sad times.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

there's always Supercheap

For western suburbs, mobile.Please update my phone 04100 40505.Diagbox, Lexia, Planet and pre obd.

Tadpole

Totally agree Joe at SIMS motors in brunswick. 1 prentice st brunswick, 9381 2366

Tadpole

Hi
    I need a quick recommendation for daughters' 400k Peugeot 306 that is on its last legs and she cant get back to normal country service guy. She is currently living in Frankston Vic and attending Uni in Clayton Vic. Any cheap but good Peugeot mechanics that could be recommended as car is overrevving and causing this P plater some stress and we are interstate so unable to help her
    thanks guys

Maybe a member can help with this?

universe motors has moved to kew

Page 5 of 6 First 123456 Last

Thread Information