205 GTi - suspension differences between early Series?
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 GTi - suspension differences between early Series?

All,

Advertisement

Drove the 1987 today after it's been in the shed for a while down south.

Looked under the engine to re-attach the oil temp sensor ... and it looks like the drop links are bent (they didn't come bent when I put them on).

When I put the suspension in I thought they were very close to the shock absorbers but thought nothing of it. I've driven this car twice in 12 months since putting the new engine in, so every drive is new at the moment.

My question is, are any of the suspension components different between the Series 1 (mine is a 1987 compliance, built by JRA) and the following Series? I have a Series II subframe and anti-roll bar in the car.

2005 Renault Clio Sport 182 Cup
    1983 Peugeot 505 SRDT

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by four_plus_two View Post
    All,

Drove the 1987 today after it's been in the shed for a while down south.

Looked under the engine to re-attach the oil temp sensor ... and it looks like the drop links are bent (they didn't come bent when I put them on).

When I put the suspension in I thought they were very close to the shock absorbers but thought nothing of it. I've driven this car twice in 12 months since putting the new engine in, so every drive is new at the moment.

My question is, are any of the suspension components different between the Series 1 (mine is a 1987 compliance, built by JRA) and the following Series? I have a Series II subframe and anti-roll bar in the car.
    To my knowledge, the drop links will be the same on the GTIs. anti roll bar bushes will depend on the size of the anti roll bar (vinear will help in the situation to determine the correct size)

it really depends in which suspension component you enquiring about? as most bits are the same.

P205 SI are different

Fellow Frogger!

205 GTi S1 & S2 suspensions are the same... they're basically a UK 1.6 GTi.

btw, the drop-links shouldn't be bent.
    Andrew.

C2 VT​S
    205 GTi

Thread Information