406 SV aircon compressor
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 406 SV aircon compressor

I have a 2002 406 SV manual that has done 103000kms.It's a great car. Recently the airconditioning lost all cooling. My mechanic has told me that the compressor is worn out and requires replacement at approx $1400 inclusive of parts and labour. I'd be grateful for any suggestions or advice.

Advertisement

It's not so much the mileage Bruce, as how the aircon was or wasn't maintained.

Compressors are rebuilt by a few mobs, but changeover price I don't know. Assume you'll be up for new flex hoses as well.

If the internals have started physically deteriorating, the system may well need a backflush and possibly more - the TX valve works on an assumption it gets nice clean gas through it free of corroded particles or swarf.

I use and recommend Craig at "AC Mobile Auto Air" - in the Yellow Pages. Being summer, he'll be busy. However, he may be willing to chck the pressures and offer an opinion for a modest amount. Anyone who offers a free test is looking to make their money back off you elsewhere...

For the compressor, contact jmautoair. http://www.jmautoair.com.au/

I had to search for a compressor for the Scenic recently and his price was excellent for a new comp. Not a lot more than my quote for s/h and heaps better than rebuild of the old one.
    Send him an email with as much detail about the OEM compressor and he'll do his best.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Just had mine done ...A 200,000km 1998 406 coupe.
    Yeah, about $1300 for me but all good now.
    The compressor is generic...if it was from Peugeot it would have cost a lot more.

Thread Information