performance upgrades for xsi 2litre 8v
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default performance upgrades for xsi 2litre 8v

i have a current post regarding purchasing a 16v. but having trouble finding one in good nick....

so because I am new to peugeots i don't know too much about how to get peugeot performance parts and what gains to expect. if the car was japanese then yeah, I would be tripping over new and used japanese performance at any supplier.

can people please suggest what can be done with the 8v motor and what money and power be expected.
    is it worth turbo-ing, can I ring it out 6500rpm on the track with a standard motor?, can i super charge it and expect 140kw? what about fast road cams ...anyone used one? can you modify the ecu? Where can i locally get this done (south wetsern sydney)

Advertisement

There was a guy in Melbourne a few years ago who Turboed his 8v. Made decent power but he spent heaps getting there. Supercharging would be the best way IMO. Cams are available but not worth the hassle for the gains.
    Try http://www.dp-engineering.nl/ These guys do some serious stuff and should give you an idea of whats out there for Pugs.

Cam
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by pug02l View Post
    i have a current post regarding purchasing a 16v. but having trouble finding one in good nick....

so because I am new to peugeots i don't know too much about how to get peugeot performance parts and what gains to expect. if the car was japanese then yeah, I would be tripping over new and used japanese performance at any supplier.

can people please suggest what can be done with the 8v motor and what money and power be expected.
    is it worth turbo-ing, can I ring it out 6500rpm on the track with a standard motor?, can i super charge it and expect 140kw? what about fast road cams ...anyone used one? can you modify the ecu? Where can i locally get this done (south wetsern sydney)
    Definitely rev it past 6500, this is the standard red line on the tacho after all. They are very torquey in standard form and would be quite adequate to have some fun on track days.
    If you are new to motorsport just drive it as is, later on you can get a 16V and drop it in. Alternatively there is a factory turbo for the XU10 8 valve but only came out in the Citroen Xantia in this country.
    The 8V XU10 uses a Magneti Marelli ECU, probably not a lot of information re this but it would be easy enough to fit a Haltech, Megasquirt etc which would be transferable to a 16V later on.
    Graham

Tadpole

thanks for the help dude... it really seems like peugeots are a black art in Australia

VIP Sponsor

thanks for the help dude... it really seems like peugeots are a black art in Australia
    I've just read your post re wanting it for motorkhanas.
    If that is the case the 2 litre 8 valve is probably perfect as is, plenty of torque from low revs should give great acceleration between the flags.
    Also noticed you have some track experience so my advice re starting out with standard engine is not so relevant.
    Graham

I would say grey! Haha. You will find that this is the place to get most of your information on pug tuning though. The Turbo Motor graham is talking about is a good unit and would be great fun in the 306. They are fairly rare but can be found. As said above though, improve your driving skills ( Not saying you have none ) and then sort the chassis. A Limited slip diff is a good investment too.

Cam
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Tadpole

ok well now knowing that a limited slip diff does exist for a 5 speed ... where do i get them? i have driven a supercharged corolla before with a limited slip diff and it was GREAT ... but i am finding it hard to find performance parts for the damn thing .... I chose this car as a novelty knowing that not many people have these ... now i starting to regret it. keep me motivated guys

Fellow Frogger!

I chose this car as a novelty knowing that not many people have these .... keep me motivated guys
    Now you know why. Shouldaboughtanissan.

Tim

VIP Sponsor

ok well now knowing that a limited slip diff does exist for a 5 speed ... where do i get them? i have driven a supercharged corolla before with a limited slip diff and it was GREAT ... but i am finding it hard to find performance parts for the damn thing .... I chose this car as a novelty knowing that not many people have these ... now i starting to regret it. keep me motivated guys
    I take it you haven't looked in the parts for sale section lately?
    Might have already gone but get in touch with Justyn.
    This is from the car I sold him and in perfect condition, comes already fitted to Adrian W rebuilt box.
    Graham

Tadpole

I have this engine fitted to my track 205. In the UK they are 123 bhp (90kw). I have fitted a Piper 270 cam and replaced the inlet manifold which is of a poor design to a standard XU9 item. I also had some modest head work done consisting of a port and polish and the inlet ports match to the manifold. It now produces 142 bhp (104 kw). I also did not use the cat in the exhaust.
    Hope that helps.

Thread Information