Extended Warranties
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Extended Warranties

Does anyone have any experience of the "Peugeot Assured Extended Warranty Insurance" that can be bought during the new vehicle warranty period?

I have a 2007 Peugeot 407 HD STi, just coming up to its 3rd anniversary with 52,000 km on the clock, and wondered whether I should spend the money for this additional cover. So far the Peugeot has performed faultlessly but, given Murphy's Law, .....

The cost to extend by 12 months/100,000 km is $860, while for 24 months/100,000 km it's $1300.

The car has had its servicing done by Peugeot dealers, but I've skipped the 10,000 km intermediate services as I understand they're not obligatory and they're only an inspection, anyway.

Advertisement

Thoughts, comments and experiences would be welcome.

Hi Dave,

I'm new to Pug ownership (308 Sportium Touring, turbo petrol), having defected from a Citroen C5.

Though I have no experience with the Peugeot extended warranty, when I had my Volvo with an extended warranty, I found it included parts only, not labour, so a $20 oil seal was to cost me a fortune to replace, even as a warrantied item.

I would check the fine print, to ensure it covers the entire vehicle - I believe Honda's warranty is for a total extension of its new car warranty, but am unsure - and then you'd be in a position to decide if it is worthwhile or not, and if it is transferable.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,

Michael P

VIP Sponsor

Default Peugeot Extended Warranties

Dave, as the National Warranty Manager for Peugeot Extended Warranties, I can assure you that they are designed to cover you for all unexpected mechanical/electrical/electronic failures.

They cover both parts and Labour, allow you choice of repairer, and offer national roadside assistance in the event of breakdown via Mondiale Assistance.

The product is Underwritten by the worlds largest Insurer, Allianz, so you're not dealing with some dodgy operation.

Until recently, the Peugeot Warranty scheme was underwritten by "Motor One", who were less than reputable and were struggling to pay claims.

Peugeot elected to transfer to a premium product to provide genuine coverage for it's clients.

The current pricing is introductory and very competitive. It represents a good saving on what the expected future RRP will likely cost.

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Regards,

Paris Jansen

Quote Originally Posted by 504freak View Post
    Dave, as the National Warranty Manager for Peugeot Extended Warranties, I can assure you that they are designed to cover you for all unexpected mechanical/electrical/electronic failures.

They cover both parts and Labour, allow you choice of repairer, and offer national roadside assistance in the event of breakdown via Mondiale Assistance.

The product is Underwritten by the worlds largest Insurer, Allianz, so you're not dealing with some dodgy operation.

Until recently, the Peugeot Warranty scheme was underwritten by "Motor One", who were less than reputable and were struggling to pay claims.

Peugeot elected to transfer to a premium product to provide genuine coverage for it's clients.

The current pricing is introductory and very competitive. It represents a good saving on what the expected future RRP will likely cost.

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Regards,

Paris Jansen
    It is refreshing to see that the people in control of the marques we love read this forum.

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Hi Paris,

Some info on the current Peugeot Extended Warranty on the website wouldn't go astray. My pug is about to run out of factory warranty and I've heard nought about it.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

I have one on my 2005 407.

Motor 1 replaced my power steering pump no questions????

I would have to recommend

Interesting to see if they cover front ball joints. Pug appears to be part covering their replacement in the UK....
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Default Extended Warranty

There were some delays in getting the new extended warranty out to the dealers to the extent that Peugeot Australia guranteed the extra time until it was in place for me ... it is more expensive than a number of other similar productes but having looked at it I believe its better value as it covers more completely the cost of the repairs.

The Pug dealer will tell you that it must be serviced by them however when you read the fine print that is not the case.

I am still trying to clarify what the actual service interval that must be complied with... the service indicator in the car is 20,000Km however the schedule in the book is every 10 with an intermediate check that the dealer does and changes oil and filter although it is not in the service schedule .. and charges acordingly.

So far I have not had to claim anythig but there again I have only had the ex warranty for 3 months
    Hope this helps
    Ian
    Meggsy
    Current - 4007HDi
    Had - 407 HDI 406 SV 404, 504, 505 GR and STI. 405 GR ( carbie version) STI, MI16
    And an Austin 1800
    Learnt to drive in 203 Convertible and a 403 SW

Meggsy, are you sure about that service by dealer thing? I have just bought a 3 yr old 307 which the previous owner had an extended 3 yr waranty on. The warranty document mentions its only valid if serviced by the dealer. I would really like to be sure as I will get the warranty transferred to me if it is valid. The previous owner had the last service done somewhere other than the dealer. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Meggsy, are you sure about that service by dealer thing? I have just bought a 3 yr old 307 which the previous owner had an extended 3 yr waranty on. The warranty document mentions its only valid if serviced by the dealer. I would really like to be sure as I will get the warranty transferred to me if it is valid. The previous owner had the last service done somewhere other than the dealer. Thanks!
    Meggsy is probably referring to the new extended warranty. They recently changed from Mondial to Allianz for their warranty work.

The Allianz blurb defines the term "authorised service facility" as: a registered mechanical repair business employing at least one (1) fully qualified mechanic.

It then goes to say you have to service the vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations and that all vehicle servicing should be carried out by the selling dealer or an authorised service facility.

There's no definition for "selling dealer"; is it the dealer the car was bought from or the dealer the extended warranty was bought from

Anyway, your 3 year old 307 is likely to have a completely different extended warranty booklet and must be combed through to determine the answer to your question.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    .... The warranty document mentions its only valid if serviced by the dealer. I would really like to be sure as I will get the warranty transferred to me if it is valid.
    I would have thought this statement contravenes the Trade Practice Act.

Provided the company doing the service has an industry body membership/ certification, I can't see how the warranty could be considered void.

After all, many of these universal service chains are able to do "Under New Warranty" service.
    The less one interacts with rude, ignorant, critical and argumentative members. The more peaceful life becomes.

I agree robmac but I'm not interested in entering into some protracted argument with Peugeot about this. Either Peugeot will honor it or they wont. I cool either way... it would just be nice if Peugeot would honour the warranty - as a sign of goodwill and confidence in their product. Give me a little extra piece of mind too. I don't expect to have any problems with the car - it is in as new condition and drives beautifully. A very impressive car which I much prefer driving to my company supplied Aurion. Its great to be back behind the wheel of a Peugeot again after 25 years!!

I'm glad they've given Motor1 the @ss, just disappointed I'm stuck with it now.

We had the winding mechanism for the spare tyre fail (just glad it was me messing about with it rather than actually needing to change a tyre).

The car was less than a month out of factory warranty and the dealer told us the part would have been replaced no questions asked before that expired, but MotorOne classified the part as an "External Fitting" or some such rubbish and refused to cover the cost.

Fully intended to send them nasty letters but time got the better of me.

Since then we haven't had a need to make a claim (fingers crossed etc. etc) so I guess that is a good thing.
    eatpeople04

Now showing in:
    "Betty" 1997 Black 306 GTi6
    "Shaggy" 2001 Green Subaru Outback

The Mrs. Has
    "Wags" 2006 Ash Grey 307 XSE Hdi Touring

And for floating...
    "Korka" 1978 Red/Blue Ramsay Lynx with 327ci Chevy

Previously:
    "Cliff the 505th" 1985 White 505 GTi
    "Clive the 505" 1983 Poo Gold? 505 STi RIP

Thread Information