306 starter
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 306 starter

Fellow Frogger!

Default 306 starter

Hi Puggers,
    I really need to get a starter fro my XSi 306 10/00 build date. where is best option to buy from? Is ebay good to get from? how can you be certain you'll get right type from ebay seller? or is it better to get from supplier here in OZ? and who's got best price? etc....
    Keith

Advertisement

Get your vin number ready thereare a couple of good retailers on ebay but there also sponsors on this webpage.I use Dapco

Keith, the type of starter (presuming original) will be identifiable by the label on it. Worth the effort to scrub and squint at this aspect.

I rebuilt mine with a new solenoid, brushes and bearings for less than $65 in parts and a casual day of my time. A post-mortem suggested the solenoid was at fault, as brushes were worn but still adequate.

EAI in Melbourne frequently have Valeo starters on Fleabay just under $300. You can also get the Chinese copies for slightly less through (among others) Phillips Electrical Supplies in Sunshine. I'd not buy a commercial rebuilt unless I knew it had been thoroughly gone over and was otherwise totally compatible.

p.s. Mine was a 9-tooth Valeo, for the AL4 auto box. Some transmissions may use a different tooth count.

Fellow Frogger!

Default thanks

thanks fellow froggers. I will get on and look at this info. and may look at rebuild myself.

Thread Information