Peugeot 405 Diesel Tuning - AutoSpeed
  • Register
  • Help

Default Peugeot 405 Diesel Tuning - AutoSpeed

Just thought i'd post up a link to these articles on AutoSpeed. It got lost when the forum crashed, so here it is again!
    They are a really good reference if you want to have a go at getting more power out of your own 405 SRDT.

Our Peugeot Diesel - Part 1 - The Exhaust
    Our Peugeot Diesel - Part 2 - The Intake
    Our Peugeot Diesel - Part 3 - Fuelling Adjustment
    Our Peugeot Diesel - Part 4 - Boost and the Injection System
    Our Peugeot Diesel - Part 5 - Final Tuning of the Injection System

Enjoy!

Advertisement
    Ryan

'94 Peugeot 405 SRDT

I think that review was great and nicely written but I think the results were less than modest...

For example I have 1976 504 with the cheapest available, 22 year old Switcher S2 turbocharger from a Valmet Tractor with no wastegate on my 504. It only has 42.5mm compressor wheel.

And the cheapest available new Intercooler I could find for 165 euros. I have 505 2.5 liter originally NA pushrod 50 design Peugeot Indenor engine with Bosch Ve pump like that 405 has.

I have turned the fuel screws all the way bottom. It does smoke a little bit if lugged with full throttle under low rpm's(less than 2000rpm). Turbo lights up like a dream and pulls hard all the way.

But there's no boost enrichment on my NA pump.

If you consider black smoke a problem before the turbo lights up, start playing with that boost enrichment and start adding some extra fuel and air! If your boosts go sky high, swap a bigger turbo there.

But Bosch VE pump doesn't flow very high without a 12mm plunger so you'll stay around 140-170hp with stock plunger.

Anyway. I hit 24 psi of boost and did 16.2 seconds on a QUARTER mile with 140km/h top speed. From 0-100km/h goes about sharp 8.0 seconds.

Here's a video of my 504:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScwkQmL1CiU

I hope you dont take my message on wrong way.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Erska View Post
    I think that review was great and nicely written but I think the results were less than modest...

For example I have 1976 504 with the cheapest available, 22 year old Switcher S2 turbocharger from a Valmet Tractor with no wastegate on my 504. It only has 42.5mm compressor wheel.

And the cheapest available new Intercooler I could find for 165 euros. I have 505 2.5 liter originally NA pushrod 50 design Peugeot Indenor engine with Bosch Ve pump like that 405 has.

I have turned the fuel screws all the way bottom. It does smoke a little bit if lugged with full throttle under low rpm's(less than 2000rpm). Turbo lights up like a dream and pulls hard all the way.

But there's no boost enrichment on my NA pump.

If you consider black smoke a problem before the turbo lights up, start playing with that boost enrichment and start adding some extra fuel and air! If your boosts go sky high, swap a bigger turbo there.

But Bosch VE pump doesn't flow very high without a 12mm plunger so you'll stay around 140-170hp with stock plunger.

Anyway. I hit 24 psi of boost and did 16.2 seconds on a QUARTER mile with 140km/h top speed. From 0-100km/h goes about sharp 8.0 seconds.

Here's a video of my 504:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScwkQmL1CiU

I hope you dont take my message on wrong way.

Thanks.
    Honestly, that first shot of your engine bay looks like you just chucked a bunch of spare parts in there! God I love the 504 though.. what beautiful lines...

Monsieur 405

Great ideas for the 405 there but can they be adapted for the 406 srdt?

The tuning relating to the injector pump can be transferred to any car with a Bosch VE pump, the principle will be the same.
    Ryan

'94 Peugeot 405 SRDT

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur 405 View Post
    Honestly, that first shot of your engine bay looks like you just chucked a bunch of spare parts in there! God I love the 504 though.. what beautiful lines...

Monsieur 405
    That first engine bay is from 505. It's not even the same car or engine. Just wanted to show that stock turbodiesel indeor is not very rapid from the factory.

But thanks anyway.

Basicly I just wanted to say that you can get a lot more power from the 405 if there's a Bosch VE pump with ease.

Turbo might be too small but the pump will flow plenty!

Thread Information