406 coupe???
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 406 coupe???

406 coupe???

Howdy all, just a quick question, has anyone here driven/owned/knows anyone who owns a 406 coupe??? My mum is getting a new car, and I had the brainwave of a 406 coupe, we were looking at a new saab aero, but heard bad things about them and now it looks like another bloody volvo, i don't like the 406 sedan, and would love to hear some opinions on the coupe??? Unfortunately it would definitely be an auto

Advertisement

I've only driven the auto but I can say as far as comfort & handling goes they are great.
    There isn't the amount if power there that I'd thought it would have although I didn't rev it very high.
    I am fairly tall & I found my head almost on the roof even with the seat setting all the way down.
    Interior has an excusive feel (like an XM) & is very quiet on the road.
    This is my choice in cars & if money allowed I would own a blue one with black leather trim tomorrow. The prettiest car on the road

I would have to say that they look as good as anything twice the price, I quite like the pastel sorta green ones. They also have the very nice perforated leather. I might show her some pics tonight, and explaining to her what pininfarina is and what they've done beside pugs might help...

I know somebody who bought a metallic blue auto one (with black leather) when they first came out. Very nice car. He took me for a ride in it throught the curvy roads in Royal National Park, south of Sydney. It was very nice indeed, especially when driven hard. He wanted a manual, so when they became avaiable he looked for one with the same colour and specs as his, but was told they weren't available, which turned out wrong because I found one at Randwick Peugeot. I told him about it and he bought it. As far as I know he's a very happy man.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Bloody brilliant looking car, I think they will become an all time classic, man there is no comparing a 406 coupe with a Volvo (yuk) go the Pug. I'm Citroen through and through but I'd make a concession for this pug.

Sorry Alan/Shane/Paul momentary lapse, need a hit of LHM

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Hi greenblood,

Must agree with you about the 406 Coupe - I have a friend with an Auto which I have driven - a bit slow low down, but corners amazingly, and once you get wound up it flies.

I must confess to being a bit disapppointed with the reliability - this was a $70K+ car. On a trip to SA(car less than 3 months old) he heard bangs from the back - called Peugeot Assist. When the guy looked under the back his word were 'Oh ^$(&^". There was apparently very little left holding the rear suspension on - it was towed away and fixed immediately, but should not have happened. He has also had an electric seat fail, which took some time to fix. And other niggling faults - gauges failing, etc.

But it does still look gorgeous! I also think it will be a future classic.

Paul
    Paul Smith

1974 DS23 EFI BW Auto
    1974 G Special 1220

http://www.simplicitas.com.au

1000+ Posts
    Hey Nick,

Just don't tell your Mum that Pininfarina did the latest Pajero io (the small one) or she'll be picking up her Volvo next week...

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

seriously??? that little Io is an ugly bastard of a car...

Thread Information