Bilstein B14's on a gti 180
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Bilstein B14's on a gti 180

Knowledgable folk,

Got a question for you. I am thinking of installing bilstein height adjustable B14 kit to my 180. Now, I am guessing it may be beneficial to lower the car in the process too.

1) What would be a good height to lower the car by?
    2) How much will it affect the camber given that there is no adjustment for it?
    3) Will the torsion beam need to be adjusted and by what kind of increment can it be adjusted (ie 15mm or 25mm)?
    4) Has anyone lowered their 180? Has it resulted in any rear tyre rubbing on the body work? Particularly when there is weight in the back.

Advertisement

Thanks in advance!
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Hmm, I've read somewhere that a 1 spline adjustment of the torsion bars (there's one for each trailing arm) is around 30mm.

There were a few on here that have lowered their 180s (blu180 for looks, Hans for racing, for example) but I don't think they are around here anymore. Perhaps DRD180 has, but I'm not sure.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger!

I've been planning on replacing the suspension on my 180 for a while. While there are heaps of cheap coilovers, most of them seem crap.

I've narrowed it down to Eibach, and AST Sportline
    The Eibach make a good looking set, but the AST sportline also have the option of camber plates.

I think baristaben has the ast sportlines on his car, so maybe he'll turn up to give opinions, but they look the business.

They are calling me, now that I have semi slicks and a quaife, coilovers are the last simple (as if) thing to improve on the car (except tightening the nut behind the wheel that is)

I think around 30mm is the right drop, I'm not sure how much more it'll go without being a complete hassle on the road.

Fellow Frogger!

Hmmm 30mm sounds about right. I wonder how much neg camber would be induced if the front was lowered by the same amount too.
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Hey guys,

I recently lowered mine on H&R 45-50mm springs.

Ride is not really that much different to standard. Tiny bit more harsh on speedbumps etc, but not too different. No where near as rough as my 205 with Koni shocks, or my 406 coupe (which was lowered 50mm on 19s).

Had the rear lowered about 55mm so the car is more even underneath (still about 2cm higher at the back). I believe the back can be adjusted to any height if the person knows what they are doing.

I lowered for looks more than handling, but handling is definitely not worse. The car is still above legal height also.

No scrubbing AT ALL. As you know, the rear goes much lower if you pull the handbrake up on a hill, and even with the wheels way up in the guards, nothing touches.

Havnt taken any good pics as yet, but here are a couple from my phone so you get the idea.

I'd love to know how some Bilstein shocks go if anyone has experience....

Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s
    Clio Sport Cup 182

Previous
    Lotus Sport 111, C4 VTS, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

Thread Information